Stage Accompany: the end or not?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
To webbie: OK, we're now in touch via our numerous e-mails.
To Tiefbassuebertrag: As webbie says, the Alcons are the direct "cousin" or "brother" tweeters to the SAs. I confirm that they would not sell these tweeters separately (I tried...).

I personally found the Beyma TPL150 to be a good alternative, with or without its dedicated horn (even without, the sensitivity reaches the 100dB/w/m). It's a well built air motion/pleated diaphragm technology tweeter, but it's not the electrostatic technology of the SA drivers. It's those I'm currently using in my system.

I haven't found anything similar to date apart from those already known: AMT, Expolinear, Dayton etc. Mundorf.com announced some time ago some fantastic air motion technology tweeters but only the smaller models are now available under the label Holographic Sound Devices - they culminate at 93dB.

Greetings to all!
Chris.

Last edited:
Hello,

I earlier mentioned that there where rather unique diagramphs for the SA 8535.
Beneath is the explenation why.

At the beginning of the development of the AH36 (horizontal array) SA experimented with the 5 Ohms folies for the SA 8535 driver.
The AH36 used two SA 8535 drivers (turned 90 degrees).
Only one set has ever left the factory with the 5 Ohms SA 8535’s.
The other AH36 sets had all the 13 Ohms version

The reason that SA made the SA 8535 with an 13 Ohm impedance was to interchange (and update) easilier with the SA 8526, so the output of the two drivers would not differ much.
The 5 Ohms version had a much higher sensitivity then the the 13 Ohms version.

Here is the link to all ribbon driver data in there perspective where Chris was looking for:
http://sa-vintage.com/Downloads/sa-rcd-specs.pdf

The data from the unique SA 8535 5 Ohms diagramph may come later.
I asked the SA enigineer if he had the measurements of de 5 Ohms folie for the SA 8535.

I keep you informed!

Greetz Webbie...

Last edited:
Hello,

I'm glad to inform you that SA is Alive and Kicking again.

Two old SA employees started up a business again named Stage Acoustic (SA).

Beneath the official document.

Dear Stage Accompany relation,

As you probably know SA closed the door in May 2009, and went bankrupt in June 2009.
Now at the beginning of April 2010 we are very delighted to inform you that we will start a new company.
This company will manufacture most of the SA products again with the same quality, also for repair of Stage Accompany products we have all the knowledge and most of the spare parts available.

The name of the new company is Stage Acoustic, so we can still say SA.
The new company will be managed by Mr. A. Sneekes
Rene van der Laan will take care of R&D, repair and production.
Gerard Vermeulen will take care of sales, production, purchase and administration.

Our new website address is www.stageacoustic.nl

So please don’t hesitate to contact us when you need some products, or when you need more information.

Kind regards,

Gerard Vermeulen
Stage Acoustic
Lagedijkerweg 13A
1742NB Schagen
The Netherlands
Email: info@stageacoustic.nl
Tel: 0031 651 923 630

Greetz Webbie...

Last edited:
Mosterd na de maaltijd.. As we say in Dutch, or what I mean to say in reaction to Gerhard; Of course there was an auction.

The mail Webbie posted about the Stage Acoustic restart clearly states the start of a new company by former Stage Accompany employees after its bankrupcy (from which naturally the remaining assest were actionned off..)

So why the warning? ;)

Because, all the inventory with all the spareparts is gone. All the blueprints are gone with the servers. I do not no how this new company will maintain the service of old SA equipment without the inside knowledge, maybe they have a photographic memory????

So be aware!

Regards,

G. Stoker

Because, the friend who bought the servers, got phonecalls from all over the world ( even from China!). All the blueprints where on these servers including the backups!
All tooling is sold to several people, it will take a lot of effort and money to replicate them. But in the end, who wants SA anyway???? In Pro audio they where finished ( to small). The only interesting thing they made where the ribbon drivers, but the real people who designed them, started Alcons!

GRG

It's sad to see a company like SA go away. From what I recall, the iconic Blue Note in NYC has an installed Stage Accompany system. It's also unfortunate that Alcons Audio does not distribute in the United States.

The closest you can find in the U.S is SLS (though the lead engineer at SLS did design the Hi-Vi magnetostat tweeters, they don't seem as advanced as the Stage Accompany drivers). To use a magnetostat in a pro audio loudspeaker, you really absolutely need to horn-load them or at least waveguide them to keep distortion low at the bottom end of the passband, and SLS doesn't do that universally.

It seems to me that one could produce the SA tweeter merely by having one in hand to refer to... in fact i think I could make one from memory, given time and the right equipment...

But still it was possibly the best tweeter i have ever heard... not that I have heard every tweeter... I did modify mine a bit, making them flatter and cleaner...

_-_-bear

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.