Hey Fivestring

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Actually, they are 11cm wide and 200cm tall, I realised my typo, but unfortunately you can`t correct mistakes the next day here at diyAudio (I wonder why).

It`s an ordinary ribbon 11cm wide, it reaches 15kHz and then smoothly falls off.
It might be useful down to 50hz or so, but it would require a specific high current amp to drive it.
I think I`m gonna abandon such wide ribbons in favor of planar magnetic or some hybrid type of woofer. Such wide ribbon has too low Fs and correspondingly low sensitivity (when used single), to be of any use. But I could be great for the 100-10.000 Hz, I guess.
For a successful low frequency dipole operation, you need a resonant system, either drum head or cone (unless they are extremely large like TA), with an Fs of about 25Hz or higher, otherwise the sensitivity drops too much.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.