Ribbon midrange - what do we have here

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I`m not sure if it works that way, otherwise ESLs would have good vertical dispersion and they are typical plane sources, except Janszen, ER and Final Sound which have segmented multi way line arrays.

I think they are segmented.
http://www.getmad.com/faq9.html

What is the horizontal and vertical sound dispersion?

Horizontal dispersion in the A9 Array is 90° at 10KHz, 120° below 5KHz. Vertical dispersion is variable and it can be set from 0° to 80°. Splaying angle between rows can be changed in 2.5° increments, from 0° to 10° total in four fixed increments. For example, we were able to evenly cover 1/4th of the Arco Arena in Sacramento, California with only one MAD Array, i.e. we could cover the entire Arena with only 4 Arrays. Custom design of the Array can achieve any dispersion angle in both horizontal and vertical plane, from 0° to 360°.

Plane sources (except NXT panels) beam narrow on short distances, but are probably excellent for PA.

It would be interesting to guess how they behave at short distance. This is a doubt that I still have. I really like the flexibility of such small panels that I can arrange with creativity.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.