Woofer for Manger

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

Charles,

are you saying I am quite correct?
I know you have real experience with MSW. It would be fantastic if you please can post some measurement of your MSW-baffle combo :cannotbe:

Richard, we wants drawings! :D

Russell,
I agree 70%. Sure MSW is not a real fullrange but I have listened a pair of modified Swing with only a big cap in series. They work.
I think we can considerate MSW like a 4". 200Hz of crossover is workable imho without excessive issues of excursion. I like privilege quality than quantity. :D

Cheers,
Paolo

Here is some images..

This is what I ordered some years ago, and I just tested it yesterday.

Sound seems like clearer than the ZB 109 below.

Of course, I used the 109 XO.

I will post the drawings..

Regards.

Attachments

• round11.jpg
    round11.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 472
MSW enclosure

This is some concept.

The sound radiated from the inside of the voice coil of MSW reaches the back of the enclosure.
And some area of outside of the VC reflects and absorbs at the corners.

The refecting plates are made of steel and the enclosure is wood, MDF, or steel.

Is there anybody tried this?

Merry Christmas... ^^

Attachments

• msw.jpg
    msw.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 457
Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
Just figured out what I would with Manger, the new models

DIPOLE

I would use either 1 x 12" pro woofer with very high sensitivity or 2 x 12" or 2 x 10" if sensitivity is not so high, but still pro stuff

FaitalPro FiveHundredSeries would be nice

And subs would be needed, but have to be very good to keep up, might not be easy

Passive and biamp
Maybe attenuators fore woofers

Or active if find a good one

And cross my fingers and hope those pro woofer arent too rugged below 300hz

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
inertial said:
Hi tinitus,

Aaaaahhhhh MSW, you are a fine gourmet!:D

What is new model?:confused: Neodimium maybe?

Mine friend, are you sure about dipole? I strongly desagree here:whazzat: :D :D :D

Cheers,
Paolo

Thank you kindly :)

Yes its a neo with better sensitivity than the old

I have my serious OB doubts too ;) but its so easy to build :D

But just now this Manger have my attention
I considere them many years ago, before the neo, but I thought they were too expencive
But new neo could be the answer to my dreams, especially now...would free me of this horn syndrome :clown:

Besides, Manger is special driver I would be happy just to own :)

:D

Tinitus i was so pleased when I have listened the Manger Swing + Subsonice! Terribly natural , in my opinion over the top. And I have listened and owned :)bawling: ) a lot of those high end speakers ( I was crazy when I was young!)

In the future I have to take a pair of those MSW and try something..:D

Easy construction? Maybe yes, but the result?
I had :
Audiostatic 300RS
Carver The Amazing Loudspeaker
Infinity IRS Delta
ESS Transar ATD2
A friend of mine had the Quad63
another has (still today) Acoustat X
.....well to make the story short dipoles have broken my b@@@@!:D

Cheers,
Paolo

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
Dont look back, its simply too frustrating to realise all the nice gear that got lost along the way :bawling:

Many times before I thought, just THAT amp I owned back then, mated with THOSE speaker I owned later on, might have been something really special ...seems like too many things just doesnt happen the way they should...probably due to too much fooling around and lack of experience :clown:

Thats a lot of nice gear you have owned, cant compete with that
:)

Not too bad ,tinitus, major part of those audio stuff was famous, and I have purchased used but, I have learned ( at my bad) that claims on the magazines are a thing and reality is another IMO!:bawling:
Now I am more experienced to not wast 1 euro more!:rolleyes:
Nostalgic? No thanks, now my DIY sound (finally!)....:angel:

Cheers,
Paolo

Excuse me for the OT here,
But these are the last design who I have worked for:

http://www.sigmaudio.com/pages/products/laborlimae/laborlimae.html

It's not mine design, ( it is a friend of mine) I have only made consultant for x-over:cool:

the interesting thing is that the ETON ER4 sound very close to the BG Neo3pdr.........cool, no?

BUT, I have to admit I continue to slightly prefer the sound of the MSW!:rolleyes:

Cheers,
Paolo

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.