Advice - any kits for ESl or planars

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I currently listen to my French Triangle Antal speakers driven by a Mystere KT 88 based amp at 50w/Ch.

I have a smallish room almost square (I know...pretty bad) but I'd like to dabble with some sort of ESL's or similar having heard a pair of Hybrid Esl's lately. I am not sure I could fit in full size ESl's or that they would go down too well with my other half :rolleyes:

Any advice on kits etc. would be appreciated. I do not have the workshop or power tools available to build cabinets etc. from scratch, therefore a kit seems the best option.

Hi Alabama

I have a pair of ERAudio ESL3s which I drive with a KT88 pp in a 4mx4m room...........

Fantastic sound!......

I have a fair bit of kit and get to a good number of meets and this set-up still compares with the best I have heard...

I run the KT88 triode strapped so its probably not even giving 30w and it still sounds good. Linear wired(about 40watts) it was louder but not as much finesse...

hope thats of some use...

Ed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.