big AMT Diy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I wonder whether a big AMT could look that way:

Attachments

• 180px-lautsprecher_celestion.jpg
    180px-lautsprecher_celestion.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 482
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Spasticteapot said:
Any chance you think it would be possible to DIY some headphone-style AMTs?

Yes, I think so. It turns out that you can fold/pleat an Infinity EMIT diaphragm (a HiVi RT1 should also work) to create a small Heil that has two small radiating areas that are about 3/8" by 5/8" each. That should be good for a headphone, although the original application was for a small non-directional tweeter.

I started making a magnet structure for this many years ago but eventually lost interest because it was very tedious (no milling machine, so I cut many, many pieces from some small E-core transformer laminations). I'll leave the magnet structure details as an exercise for now. I was protective of this idea for a long time because I think it has a lot of potential and I wanted to pursue this myself. But I may change my mind. If so, I'll post the drawings I made for this.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.