Need help; looking for literature

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
There are some interesting publications that I'd like to get a copy of, but which are either very hard to find or only for AES members.
I would appreciate any help you can give me to locate these items:

• The chapter on ESLs by Gilbert E. Briggs in the book "Loudspeakers"
  • Charge Movements on the Stretched Membrane in a Circular Electrostatic Push-Pull Loudspeaker, J.H. Streng, Journal of Audio Engineering Society,Vol. 38, No.5, 1990, May
  • Calculation of the surface pressure on a vibrating circular stretched membrane in free space, J.Acoust. Soc. Am 82 (2),August 1987
  • Lipshitz, S P, Scott, T C, On the acoustic impedance of strip radiators, AES preprint no 1977, 89th convention 1990
  • Lipshitz, S P, Vanderkooy, J, The acoustic radiation of line sources of finite length, AES 81th convention
  • circuit diagram for the Quad 989

Any of these would make me very happy. Thanks.

Hi AJ

I can go to my college library and email you the Streng paper on charge movement on circular membranes. I remember looking for this journal article and my school did not have that particular year, but I can order it, free of charge. I think the Librarian told me it could take a week to come in.

Also, there is a nice book by Crowley (last name) called Applications in Electrostatics. Wherein, he finds the force acting on an ESL's membrane, however the design has only one stator. His derivation shows that the forcing will depend on higher harmonics. For example if the voltage signal is Vexp(-iwt) the forcing will depend on 2w as well. This is bad and is the reason that modern cells have two stators, the so called push-pull design.

Bry

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.