fostex

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Anyone here ever seen these? Fostex GZ-2000 speakers. One 12" surroundless bass driver, two mylar ribbon panels and one super tweeter per speaker. I found info on GZ-2001 but not these. Not sure when they were constructed ect.

One mid panel has a very small dimple in it, but it doesn't seem to affect anything. Is this something I should concern myself with? Is there any cleaning ect. I should do other than the baffles :) ?

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Hi,
thanks for the info. I'm new to mylar ribbon panels, but like what I hear so far. Very revealing speakers. I was nervous about the age of the panels but they seem to be in very good condition and don't seem to have any issues. Not sure if there is any maintanence with this style of speaker?

IMO no need of maitenance. I have a pair of Fostex RP3 tweeter
very similar to those, sure the are over 20 years old and are still perfect. The sound is very good.
I haven't understood if the midlow or the midhigh have a issue
( "dimple "? )or not.
Sure no spare parts are easy available, especially the
lowmid are unique, sort of a predecessor of the L-EMIM Infinity .
Just curios, how much money they want for the Z2000's ?

Cheers,

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.