ESS AMT 1A Monitor Xover makeover

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Finally rebuilt my ESS AMT 1A Monitor Xovers.

Long time overdue that I rebuilt the Xovers for those ol' AMT 1As.

Ordered some Solens ages ago, the values of the caps in the early AMTs demand that you use an economy cap as at least your initial ones: 75 uF, 45uF and 26 uF. I couldn't get exact values on the 45s and 26s so I bought 44s and 25s. A stroke of luck recently, I was shipped 10 - 1uF 300V Astron PIO caps by accident so in they went to make up the extra 1 uF. Decided to bipass these with .1 uF 1000V K40Ys. I don't think these AMTs have ever sounded quite so good. Am waiting for the break in period to even improve on what are already amazing sonics.

The original black Mexican made caps were real tired and couple had already died and I'm sure the others were way out of value. Used All purpose Amazing Goop to hold down the rather large Solens and double sided carpet tape to keep the bipass caps tight to the Solens. Looks rather humorous but no one but me knows what they look like inside. That is until people here look at the pictures.

Lar

Attachments

• ess xover #4.jpg
    ess xover #4.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 167
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.