final 80 repair

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a small Final 80 element that got broken one year ago. Now i was trying to pull the device apart and start repairing it on my own. Now since Final doesnt give any support on this element i am looking into making my own membrame.. I am a total newbe for this matters. so i am going to learn alot with this small speaker. Most of the stuff will be trial and error. but first of all i am looking for an address where i can buy the mylar. and second what will be the best way of coating the membrame. I look on the forum. and saw several things with glue and things like that. but what makes me curious if i start to coat the membrame with some glue or it. wont that make the membrame to stiff and or too hard. ??

any suggestions are very welcome :)

Hi,

the are are aluminized films and ITO-sputtered films.
But both ´coatings´ have their serious disadvantages and as far as I know no commercial ESL uses such precoated films any more.

You´ll want the coating only where it´s needed! So keep spacers and the outer rim of the panel out. That´s a great plus of coating the film yourself!
Coating is very easy with the right stuff. For DIY I recommend the glue-formula, which is easy to mix, easy to tailor to the needed parameters, totally transparent, water based and non toxious (could even be swallowed without harm), stable and extremely cheap.
You can paint, roll or spray this coating on.
Use the search-function for ´coating´ and ´glue´ or similars.

jauu
Calvin

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.