Ess Heil drivers coming back ? available for us diy'ers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey guys I'm not here to spam your Forum but wanted to introduce myself and the new drivers I will be making available for us diy'ers in the near future. here is the link to the info I posted on the Parts Express Forum where I have been hanging out for years.

Let me know if any of you guys are interested.

http://techtalk.parts-express.com/showthread.php?t=206066

Thanks guys
Happy Listening

Jason T

That's just what I could be interested in. In a room where one cannot physically fit a large speaker the choices for a quality small speaker presents a real challange. I had a pair of AMT-1's when they came out and thought they were dynamite. Only problem was that the diaphram was easilly fried. I wold love to lay my hands on a couple or reasonably priceed drivers.

Ray
my:2c:

Mark-Daniels has started manufacturing If I properly remember they produce the small monopolar Heils at 371 US fpor DIY. Check on the web. (or it was in Canada???)
Some others in Europe also do it and some off them to sells for DIY's.

I love Heil's cristal clear sound. Im Proud to have some.

Check google DIY Heil

Good luck:D

A really good new amt is th Beyma TPL150, i´ve been using it since last november and think it is superior to my ESS amt´s, although it is not dipole but can be rebuilt (with care). Efficiency is superior to ESS, 99-100dB, can be applied from 1000Hz, can play loud, accepts lots of power and pricing is realy decent, in Sweden roughly 450 euro a piece.

One of the bennefits of amt tweeters is the very controlled dispersion, the Beyma TLP 150 has a perfect radiating pattern of 100x50 degrees as it is, with front structure etc. So difraction is of no consequence with this kind of driver , that is a problem associated with dometweeters and such. The "screwholes" come in pretty handy when You want to attach the driver to a box.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.