Acoustat 2+2 interface

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Those two caps are.....

PP 0.01 uf at 6 KV or higher. I have some of these if you want them. I would suggest that you simply remove them along with the 50K resistors and make a few changes to the primary side EQ of the interface. Neither of those components is necessary. Add a stage or two of extra high voltage supply ladder to get the sensitivity up and provide a little shielding on the panels and you will not believe your ears. You can PM me if you like. The two 0,01 caps can be parallel connected and used as Izzy Wizzy caps in the HT supply. You also want to run the transformers SE and run two vertical panels on the bass transformer and two vertical panels on the treble transformer. You will not believe what your Acoustats can do until you try this out.

Wow, thanks. Would you happen to have a sketch of the main board changes removing the caps and resistor and the other changes you elude to?
On the panels, you are saying basically change some of the wires around to the 2 terminals to end up with 2 vertical panels of each freq, range?
I am new to the Acoustats, but not panel speakers. These seem to have some good qualities and I can feel the potential is there to become a really great speaker if they had a little more transparency.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.