linaeum tweeters ET-6A

i have just now recieved a pair of these and am intent on making a pair of bookshelf spkers using them, however i have been unable to find ANY specifications online and aurasound have been unable to help.

has anyone here had any expereince with them and any info they could give me on their specifications???

There was a review of the Radio Shack use of the tweeter
several years ago.

Stereophile Review of Radio Shack speaker

From the review:

while a 6.2µF plastic-film series capacitor keeps LF from the tweeter.

Description: Two-way, stand- or bookshelf-mounted, reflex-loaded box loudspeaker. Drive-units: 5" polypropylene-cone bass/midrange; 2" by 4" Linaeum dipole tweeter. Measured crossover frequency: 4–5kHz. Frequency range: 85Hz–20kHz (no limits given). Measured sensitivity: 81.5dB/2.83V/m (B-weighted). Nominal impedance: 8 ohms. Amplifier requirements: 100W recommended maximum.

The Linaeum tweeter comes in sharply above 2kHz, but on-axis at least, its output is down in level and looks very ragged.

That might give you a starting point.

music soothes the savage beast
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Optimus Dipole Tweeter
(400-1389) Specifications Faxback Doc. # 34989

Magnet Weight: ........................................... 2.8 oz (79.2 g)

Speaker Weight: .......................................... 14.8 oz (420 g)

Power Handling: ........................................... 50 Watts (RMS)

Maximum Power: ................................................. 100 Watts

Impedance: .............................................. 8 Ohms (Nominal)

Freq. Response: ........................................ 2,500 Hz - 25 kHz

Crossover Frequency: ............................................. 2.5 kHz

Capacitor Type: .............................. Bipolar Electrolytic 4.7 uF

(YO/EB 11/1/96)

SGD, did you ever get specs? I know this thread is over a decade old, but I found a MINT pair of RCA 40-5037 speakers in a thrift shop, for a sawbuck. I want to scab the tweeters, and add them to a 6" TL I have on my drawing board. I'd take any info you have for them.