maggie PIN specs??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Anyone have those pins that go into the speaker connection holes on Magnaplanar speakers?

If so, I could really use the dimensions as measured by a dial caliper or micrometer - or alternately known "factory specs" on the dimensions of the part that goes into the speakers.

Also, are they SOLID PINS?
Do the jacks do the holding??

Any info would be appreciated.

_-_-bear

I have SMGa speakers, and can make some measurements for you if it would help.

There are set screws in the side of the speaker connector that are tightened with a small Allen key. These retain the pin, or... I strip the speaker wire to about twice the length needed in the connector, twist the strands, fold the twisted bare strands back to create a double thickness and feed these into the speaker terminals. The set screws are tightened down to retain the wires. You could also tin the wires with solder, but I have yet to see a problem.

The only difficulty with the method I use would be if one wanted to use speaker cable with a core diameter larger than the terminal post.

Ed

OK Bear, found time tonight inbetween fixing the car's ignition and making pastry....

The connector terminal has an 0.1675" hole, as measured by micrometer. A 5/32" drill was a sloppy fit (but would clamp acceptably with the set screw). A 11/65" drill was just oversize.
The hole measured 1" deep

Interestingly the connectors would accept the banana plugs I happened to have in the junk box (the type with 4 sprung leaves over a central pin). They were a good snug fit: No reason to believe that this would be a bad way to go.

Hope that helps,

Ed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.