ESL Diaphragm coating

Ok. I'll start a build thread. The Taiwanese offer would be around 70€, including customs. I was just hoping I could do a little better with an European offering. The same goes for the coating. I still hope MJ Dijkstra comes through, but I'll inquire about the shipping from Australia just in case.

Hey Guys !! ...........
Been getting back in to designing/building/finishing the Desktop Esl III and amp,

Since my last days of testing my can of Licron got a pin hole and drained out everywhere, and I had a partial can of Crystal somewhere too , who knows where.

Anyhow,
They wouldn't have been enough for what I have planned anyway and I was wondering if Walmart had anything and they do carry Staticide !!

So, I was thinking about having some shipped in as I need some bulk (small more than spray can) stuff for now, I will be building some bigger panels and I can just see myself ripping up just as many diaphragms developing them as I did doing the Desktop ESL versions.

Of those of you whom has tried it which one of these products will get me going right of off the bat?

Verify your identity

I am not worried about durability or anything right now i just want it to work and eventually I will get many of the other products and test them out as well.

But Right Now, I just want it to work Mainly because i never tried it and two I can have it shipped to my door until I can find out if my old Licron vender in Detroit still exists.

I'll be working on the amps soon so you know I'm gonna be pokin' some holes and burning stator coatings sooner or later !! ;)

jer :)

Hmmmmm................. Nobody?

I know it sounded like I crazy question coming from me , But I am serious !!!!
I have never used the product before and thought that I might try it out, so which one has been proven to work........ Spray Can, Spray Bottle Bulk type 3-5 or 6 different kinds from cleaner coatings to a floor varnish's, assuming some acrylic based, some not.
So,
Which one, Could Somebody Please Refer Me Too, That they Have tried and it worked, even if it was for a short time..

The link above works even though it is labeled funky, it is a link to all of the Staticide Products that Walmart carries or will get shipped to my doorstep. :)

Thank You.

P.S. So that I can get ordering some ASAP !!! ;) :)

Last edited:
All biological degradeble products is no no.
All products for your skin is... i guess nono at least for your speaker, have not tried them but my intuition say no.
Cleaners, im not sure, they are not ment to stick... so no no Bu i know people hwo tried dish soup for esl 57` and it worked for some years. but No no.

Coatings, not bio degradable:
and maybe 520

I have only tried 6400 and I like it, 8 out of 10.

Hey Guys !! ...........
Been getting back in to designing/building/finishing the Desktop Esl III and amp,

I'll be working on the amps soon so you know I'm gonna be pokin' some holes and burning stator coatings sooner or later !! ;)

ACL Staticide 6500 ESD Safety Shield, 8 oz Aerosol Spray Can, Translucent
6500 is canned 6300. Anyhow ACL rep insisted on better performance of 6300. Tried it liked it. Acrylic 6400 is urethane one like licron(?). By the color it's PEDOT based.
I would of dilute it to a needed value. Even very thin layer (rainbow due to interference, below 1 um) is conductive. Heating during drying helps - read TDS.

Awesome, Thanks Guys !!! :)

I remember most all the one in esl63's list mainly 6300,6400 mentioned, and the 6500 I had in the back of my head as well Thank You Alex !!!
I tell ya, trying to get through ACL's website just to study all of their products again reminds me of running win2000 on dialup !! :headbang:

I will order some in a week or so just to give it a try, their floor varnish's look interesting for a few other app's I have in mind. ;) :)

I am trying to do this as cheap as I can for now, I don't even plan on using any of my good mylar at First, Heck, My Very First ESL's that I ever made used Monokote and graphite !! :D

P.S. I actually am trying to re-read this whole thread but it takes awhile. :)

Last edited:
It has been a while

Attachments

• 6300.jpg
    6300.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 205