ESL Diaphragm coating

GGLE does not know what reddingsdeken is. However metal coated polyethylene terephthalate AKA Maylar is used in "inverted" ESL a la Final. Windows shades are 12 microns or one half of a mil. Same goes for emergency blanket: see attach.
It's too heavy for 20k. 6 microns or 1/4th of a mil will do.

Attachments

• 81-X7HtysWL._SL1389_.jpg
    81-X7HtysWL._SL1389_.jpg
    230.5 KB · Views: 425
Got my first Quad ESL-63 element (just 1 of the 4) playing with PEDOT:pSS. Mind you, NO ready formula as was stated here before. Ready bought formula is way too low in resistance.
So far, so good. Silent, no rattle, no click or hiss, good sound as far as I can say for now. Let's see how it lasts in testing.
Pricey stuff that PEDOT that's why only one panel for now to test. As it's water based I want to see if it sticks for a longer period and how it reacts to humidity changes.

I've stopped repairing 63 panels cause they are so poorly made with wrong glues and flimsy construction.
And, your picture shows a typical untouched Huntington panel in all its glory, with amateurishly sprayed membrane...
So now you put them together with the correct glue and you spray the panels professionally with the correct conductive coating.
They should be fine again for many years.
:note::note::note::note::note:

A little off-topic: Does anyone know where I can get a single dead or blown ESL57 tweeter panel? I want to measure the stator parts to try to make a 3D-printed version.
Bwaslo, I don't understand you want to print this, as the stator of the ESL 57 is a flat plastic sheet with round holes all of the same size.
I can give you the outside size, the hole size, the thickness and the hole pattern. The spacers for the diaphragm are glued on plastic strips, I can give you width and thickness of those too.

Most important: what a bout the resistive coating on the stator, how are you going to solve that? Or are you going to use in a different way?
I've got a busted panel for you, but shipping if from The Netherlands to the USA is probably total overkill in costs. Hope you can find one in your own country. Ebay is your friend.