Sibilance Distortion on SMGs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Suspect everything.

Not sure what ur rebuild is about, but if you redid a section that does HF, check the impedance curve vs. the old stock impedance curve!

Better still do an FFT of the response. Look for a clear resonance.

Someone I know had a pair of maggies with the ribbon tweeters, and when we changed the speaker cables to another brand (BEAR Labs) most if not all of the sibilance issues he had went away. Why that should be, dunno. But it did.

We were not hypnotized, delusional or easily led. Not subtle.

_-_-bear

I rebuilt the tweeters a couple of months ago, (semister Break) now that the Year is done, a friend and I are tackling the Mid-Bass Wires.

After posting this, I looked up the many causes of Sibilance distortion. oh lord! so many causes I think I am going to change from my HK3480 to A Citation 19 in a day or so, which should give a real demonstration of what these speakers can do. so I will check these things off one by one.

Right now, Listening to Billy Joel's 52nd street on Original Vinyl, The Sibilants have extreemly little distortion (if any at all). I am starting to think that maybe it is the gratuitous DSP in CDs, and on Ipods and Such. I hate to Bash CDs, but its looking like that aggravates the problem.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.