RuneAudio + RPi 3+ Alexa control

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi folks

Not sure if anyone has ever tried this before but i have RuneAudio running on a RPi 3 with an IQAudio Pi-DigiAMP+ attached. It works just fine, playing radio streams and music from the locally attached USB drive.

Since i have OpenHab2 also running on another RPi for my home automation, i was hoping to somehow integrate the Rune Audio player into this. I can, for example, control certain devices in my home with Alexa, via the OpenHab2 RPi (lights, TV, etc).

Anyone ever managed to get this working in any shape or form? I wouldn't consider myself a Linux guru by any means but i', not "scared" of it either. I'm not completely "tied" to using RuneAudio either, just happens to be what i have currently. Basically trying to create a wife-friendly solution. Any advice appreciated

If you are really not tied to Rune and would like to put your hands on DIY coding I could
suggest you to make this kind of integration with Peppy player. I was planning to integrate
it with Alexa directly but doing that through the OpenHab would be interesting too. So if
you could figure out Alexa-OpenHab part then I could provide API on Peppy player side.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.