PCM2706 Project - Troubleshooting

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I wanted to build myself a USB DAC + small amp for snits and giggles, and decided the PCM2706 would make a decent starting point since it should be pretty much plug and play from a USB standpoint.

Ordered the bits and assembled "Typical Circuit Connection 2" from its datasheet, with the only change being that I decided to use an external oscillator instead of a crystal across XTI/XTO. Left XTO open per instructions in 9.3.1 on the 'sheet.

Prototyping is done on a breadboard with the IC on a TQFP32-to-DIP breakout board from Proto-Advantage.

Here's the issue:
When its connected, Windows acknowledges that it's there, but with "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)", and therefore, no connection.

I can see the 12MHz oscillator on XTI / pin 12, and HOST and PSEL are set for bus-powered, per the example circuit.

What did I miss here? Can the breadboard prototyping really get that far in the way or is there something else amiss?

Thanks in advance.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.