Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

PC Based Computer music servers, crossovers, and equalization

does anyone on here use jriver media centre?
does anyone on here use jriver media centre?
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 14th July 2018, 08:04 AM   #1
Audio Adrenaline is offline Audio Adrenaline  Australia
diyAudio Member

Default does anyone on here use jriver media centre?

was wondering if any of you were using the latest of this for your audio /video its pretty awesome to use even if it takes a while to get used i recommend it to anyone who has not tried it really gets the best out of whatever equipment you are using! Also if anyone was using it with electrostatic speakers and what settings they use I would be interested to hear
Old 16th July 2018, 07:31 AM   #2
soundcheck is offline soundcheck  Germany
diyAudio Member

I used to have a license... ...10 years or more ago. ( for test purposes - never really used it - never really liked it - never really liked the attitude of the JRMC folks)

And then.
I'm wondering if anybody is still interested in old school audio software on a Windows PC !?!?!?

And 2nd
...willing to pay these JRMC upgrade fees all the time.
Especially if there a numerous great free of charge packages out there

But that're just my 2 cents.

Enjoy.
Old 16th July 2018, 11:20 PM   #3
Audio Adrenaline is offline Audio Adrenaline  Australia
diyAudio Member

yes the licence fee can get annoying but they do constantly update it to staty current-every couple of weeks you get a program version upgrade for free and they do have a custom DAC program they write themselves that does a fantastic job makes my system sound and play better than anything else ive tried anyway -they do have 4k video and upscaling too which is good to use-but hey everyone has there favourite :-)
Old 17th July 2018, 12:35 AM   #4
studiophone is offline studiophone  United States
diyAudio Member

I use 22, 23. It was the best of the three others I tried at handling the metadata and sounds better with movies, music too, than powerdvd. I like it, only down side no bluray. Power dvd for that.

does anyone on here use jriver media centre?Hide this!Advertise here!