SPDI/F inputs for raspberry

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi folks,

I'm really happy with my raspberry based music player.
It use Volumio as a player and playlist management (Android app is great) and I’ve configured a brutefir convolution to do some digital XO, speaker equalization and room correction.

Every thing works fine with my SMSL AD18 and my DIY bookshelf.
I'm listening mainly flac files and internet radios. 24/96 most part of the time.

That said, I'm looking for a solution to process optical inputs as my TV and my Chromecast audio. (The idea is to use brutefir on them)
So, I've purchased an hifiberry digi+ I/O and connected my Chromecast.

And then, the hard part had begun. I've tried sox, alsaloop, arecord|aplay and many Brutefir configurations (pipes, files, devices …) with more or less success.
Most of the time I'm facing sample rates problems and finally haven’t found any workable solution which start at boot, doesn’t hang up and work anytime.

Do you guys have already do that with success? Implementing a robust solution?

Just found your thread. I use alsaloop for TV sound, and have specified "plughw CARD=" as input. My Cirrus logic card will do rate conversion in hardware, can the hifiberry? If not you may need to delve deeper into alsaloop to use one of the sample rate conversion options.

It is possible to create an asound.conf that will handle more than one input simultaneously, however at present I just have two shell scripts to start alsaloop for tv, and stop it to play music from the pi.

Leave the Pi powered up, unless you are fanatical about saving electricity.

Hope this is not too late,

Andy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.