How do you stream Amazon music?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am not sure if this is the forum to ask this question but I'll try. I just recently subscribed to Amazon Prime which also allows you to stream music. There are a lot of personal hand-held devices but if I had an entertainment system with preamp, amp, DAC and so on ... How do I stream Amazon music into my DAC? What device I have to purchase?

Thanks.

I just stream music through my pc to USB DAC.
Or stream it to USB Bluetooth transceiver.
Just double clicking in Windows Explorer on the files should play them.
I use some disco software I wrote myself for playing play lists.

I guess this may be an obvious question for someone who's familiar with the subject, but how do I convert Amazon music to the USB DAC? I mean you probably have to download an app from Amazon to your computer? then I suppose it will stream Amazon music and output that to the USB port then you can hook that up to your USB DAC right?

Which app do you use on your computer to stream music through the USB DAC?

Hi.

First of all.
According to Amazon the streaming data format is mp3.
Their "targeted" bitrate is 256kbit/s.
Yep. "targeted" - no promises on that account.

Bottom line - mediocre quality can be expected.
Trying to integrate that into a highest quality audio chain is not necessarily a
highest priority target.

Amazon is pretty strict on DRM. There are not that many - if any ? - plugins for other platforms/services around.
That limits the use of the service anyhow.

From my experience using the Prime Music app under Android is all I need.
The app is IMO well done.

My favorite tracks/playlist I download for offline playback.

I use my phone as source and stream Prime Music via Bluetooth towards a Bluetooth capable DAC. Also in the car.

Preferably a BT APT-X/LDAC capable phone towards a BT APT-X/LDAC capable DAC should be considered.

I don't have above integrated into my main system.

Enjoy.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.