Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

PC Based Computer music servers, crossovers, and equalization

Behringer FCA610 for 5.1 in Windows 10 HTPC
Behringer FCA610 for 5.1 in Windows 10 HTPC
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th June 2018, 06:28 PM   #1
grahamgraham is offline grahamgraham  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Default Behringer FCA610 for 5.1 in Windows 10 HTPC

Hi all!

I just took delivery of this Behringer FCA610 which I want to use for my HTPC as it has balanced outputs to hookup to my studio monitors I used for LCR.

I can't find much on this (in fact almost nothing) and wondered if anyone knew if it is possible or how to do it?

My assumption was that it would run WDM drivers easily and just automatic route the surround channels to the outputs it has but no dice. It only wants to output stereo mixes of 5.1 movies. Nothing is coming out of the other drivers and the only choice I have in windows or VLC is to pick a pair of the outs for this stereo mix.

Can anyone help, please?

Cheers!

Ps, this unit is an upgrade from a Creative Omni 5.1 which annoying works perfectly but only has consumer grade unbalanced outs.

Last edited by grahamgraham; 13th June 2018 at 06:33 PM.
Old 18th June 2018, 10:16 AM   #2
grahamgraham is offline grahamgraham  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Little update for anyone thinking of doing what I wanted to do with this unit:

Behringer says it technically can be done but only with software that manually routes the signals the the appropriate outputs so not possible with standard VLC player or Netflix etc.

I have also encountered a lag problem that cannot be resolved with buffer adjustment. Sadly the unit has to go back!

Behringer FCA610 for 5.1 in Windows 10 HTPCHide this!Advertise here!