Behringer FCA610 for 5.1 in Windows 10 HTPC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all!

I just took delivery of this Behringer FCA610 which I want to use for my HTPC as it has balanced outputs to hookup to my studio monitors I used for LCR.

I can't find much on this (in fact almost nothing) and wondered if anyone knew if it is possible or how to do it?

My assumption was that it would run WDM drivers easily and just automatic route the surround channels to the outputs it has but no dice. It only wants to output stereo mixes of 5.1 movies. Nothing is coming out of the other drivers and the only choice I have in windows or VLC is to pick a pair of the outs for this stereo mix.

Can anyone help, please?

Cheers!

Ps, this unit is an upgrade from a Creative Omni 5.1 which annoying works perfectly but only has consumer grade unbalanced outs.

Last edited:
Little update for anyone thinking of doing what I wanted to do with this unit:

Behringer says it technically can be done but only with software that manually routes the signals the the appropriate outputs so not possible with standard VLC player or Netflix etc.

I have also encountered a lag problem that cannot be resolved with buffer adjustment. Sadly the unit has to go back!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.