DIYINHK XMOS multi-channel

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The performance is quite typical for a Chinese product, thin laminate, good quartz resonators, but quite average soldering.
Mine worked for a few weeks, then for unknown reasons damaged - I can not see it in the system. I gave up the day and because I use only two input channels and two output channels anyway, I switched to C-Media CM6631A.

I can't say that I've seen such a "DIY-friendly" board, with the possible exception of the WaveIO board (I had one but I hadn't looked around for the protection).

XMOS is quite adamant about ESD protection for its chips.. They state it in all of their datasheets and they talk about it in pretty much every thread in their forum that talks about design issues.

It's a 0.5$ part.. If I were a manufacturer I wouldn't risk RMAs due to the omission of such a low cost part.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.