Raspberry PI 2B or 3B - are there audio (sonic) differences?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a couple of spare RPI 2B boards sitting around.
Looking at configuring a couple of streamers for other rooms. My question is when using an RPI and its I2S bus as an audio streamer source (no hdmi, BT or WIFI) are there any sonic differences between the RPI 2B vs 3B?
I normally use either MOode or PicorePlayer as the rendering software.
TIA,
Bill

A little over 2 years ago I posted some comments about using the the Raspberry Pi to play FLAC files. You may find the information useful.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pc-b...-cirruslogic-audio-card-fail.html#post4256393

Since then I have switched to Raspberry Pi 3B which is able to play FLAC files of any resolution flawlessly.

Recently, I installed the Picoreplayer V3.50 and is perfect. I am very happy can bring this good soundcard back alive. Flac files are no problem.

Recently, I installed the Picoreplayer V3.50 and is perfect. I am very happy can bring this good soundcard back alive. Flac files are no problem.

Yep, a plus one from here too.

Just last week I ordered an original wolfson board and connected it to my sole remaing RP1B.

There is a new driver for the card included in Raspbian (it's been there a while I believe).

As stated by anadigi picorePlayer works really well.

The old board can be used with a later model pi

Connecting the Wolfson Sound Card to the Raspberry Pi3 | Life, the Universe and Engineering…

I have also tried it just using Squeezelite as a player and it performs fine. I need to make a start file to make it easier but time is a bit short.

Also used it with the OMXplayer (just audio) in Raspbian.

Omxplayer - eLinux.org

Ronnie

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.