High-end-ish PC Audio

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Came across a short stack of CAmbridge Audio A1 (V3.0) amps;
I intend to build a PC-based 3-way active system (one A1 is a little light for LF... may track down a Kenwood Basic, with Sigma Drive)...
I will remove the Input Selector switch/board (if someone has a need for them... they do not have the phono modules installed)
Either I will replace the input selector board with balanced inputs... or install DACs (USB, coax/spdif, optical...)
I stumbled across this: - Die DSP-6 Vorverstarker, digitale Frequenzweiche & eine Stereo Endstufe damit ist sie zur Zeit einzigartig am Markt."

This is close to what I have been looking for, However: I have no need for the amplifier section of the DSP-6, nor the analogue inputs;

...A DAC with 3 analogue outputs (LF, MID,HF); software-defined filter characteristics (F, Q, Gain, Slope... ideally, also delay)
Ideally, the DAC analogue outputs would be balanced (TRS, to save space on the front/rear panel)... unbalanced (RCA) connectors could also work
... Such a unit could fit neatly into a PC housing cd/dvd bay... possibly also powered by the ATX P/S (+5VDC, +12VDC... or, 24VDC... +12VDC and -12VDC... however, typically, -12VDC is limited to roughly 1-2A)
I believe my Corsair 850 could provide the necessary "juice".... a P/S could, alternatively, be installed in an available cd/dvd bay... turn-on triggered by PC power up.

Alternatively, A PC interface with 3 digital outputs (also enclosed in the aforementioned cd/dvd bay?... or PCI/PCIe audio card) with the aforementioned software... and retrofit all 3 amplifiers with DACs.

...with the advent of SACD/DSD, BluRay, DVD-A, etc. I am surprised that the Chinese haven't already introduced this... in a nice, tidy package.

Here's hoping (and further quests for the holy grail)
John

Last edited:
I'm doing this with my PC, an Asus Xonar D2X and Equalizer APO/ Peace. So I have 3 completely independent Stereo channels + 2 Subwoofer channels without buying one additional piece of hardware. I am using 2.5-way satellite speakers + subwoofer.

Equalizer APO / Documentation Wiki / Documentation

Attachments

• Amps Elkos & Trafo 600w 04.jpg
    Amps Elkos & Trafo 600w 04.jpg
    614.6 KB · Views: 476
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.