ES9028Q2M driver for Raspbian based distro

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
yes, as I said, all of the datasheets for the ESS parts are available at mouser, as they are being sold there. apart from their regional previous distribution network, this is the only regular distributor for their parts. you asked if it was true, I said yes, as they are available in the open at mouser, without any NDA

If the manufacturer permits to release the information (under the NDA) its perfectly fine.

cdsgames,

I respect the work you have done with your designs, but I think a very strict reading of the ESS NDA shows that you have violated it multiple times. You are not allowed to reveal derivative information that you uncover about ESS products, not just information they supply to you. For example, when you say that filtering before the I/V stage is needed to prevent ESS sound from being fatiguing, you may be considered to be sharing derivative information of your own discovery, in particular information that could be harmful to ESS and beneficial to its competitors. A very strict reading of the NDAs prevents sharing most marketing and specification information about the dacs. Merely measuring FFT harmonics in graphical form, and or, say, information about supported sample rates and modes on the first page of the datasheet, and sharing it publicly could be considered sharing information ESS considers confidential. If you read the NDAs carefully, the only information you can say to a non-NDA holder is to parrot what ESS has already said publicly. That's the way they write the NDAs, but that hasn't been their pattern of enforcing the NDAs. Their pattern of enforcement being less than vigorous made the strength of the NDAs effectively weakened.

Anyway, its almost all moot now for the products with publicly released datasheets. For NDA holders, what has still not been revealed publicly by ESS is that the dacs need filtering before the I/V stage to avoid fatiguing sound. That leaves you more in violation at this point that it leaves those sharing register programming information.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.