Volumio: AirPlay skipping sound with Tinkerboard + HifiBerry DAC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've got a brand new ASUS Tinkerboard with a HifiBerry DAC+ Pro, running on Volumio 2.349. Audio playback is fine from local files or files from a NAS, but playback via AirPlay gives skipping sound (music for a second or so, then a break of 1 or 2 seconds, etc.). AirPlay works fine if I use the built-in headphones out on the Tinkerboard instead of the HifiBerry. The issue is thus isolated to AirPlay via HifiBerry DAC.

I tend to believe this is a software issue, because the Tinkerboard + HifiBerry DAC work well with playback from local files and NAS files.

Any ideas what is going on? Is this a bug? Any ideas how to dig deeper to understand the source of the problem?

I've got a brand new ASUS Tinkerboard with a HifiBerry DAC+ Pro, running on Volumio 2.349. Audio playback is fine from local files or files from a NAS, but playback via AirPlay gives skipping sound (music for a second or so, then a break of 1 or 2 seconds, etc.). AirPlay works fine if I use the built-in headphones out on the Tinkerboard instead of the HifiBerry. The issue is thus isolated to AirPlay via HifiBerry DAC.

I tend to believe this is a software issue, because the Tinkerboard + HifiBerry DAC work well with playback from local files and NAS files.

Any ideas what is going on? Is this a bug? Any ideas how to dig deeper to understand the source of the problem?

There are well-known problems related to the WiFi connection via the internal WiFi solution on HB Pro+ DAC... allegedly resolved on newer boards...
- test with an USB WiFi dongle (ths test will be also relevant if the RPi/any DAC combo are located in a metal case)
- test with a relocated RPi/HB DAC as close to your WiFi router

Joined 2005
Paid Member
There are well-known problems related to the WiFi connection via the internal WiFi solution on HB Pro+ DAC... allegedly resolved on newer boards...
- test with an USB WiFi dongle (ths test will be also relevant if the RPi/any DAC combo are located in a metal case)
- test with a relocated RPi/HB DAC as close to your WiFi router

WiFi is turned off, all networking through Gigabit Ethernet.
The RPi is not an RPi but a Tinkerboard.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.