Raspberri Pi3 Volumio settings

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Guys,
I recently decided to move from my beloved logitech Squeezebox Touch to a DIY kit with a Raspberri Pi3 + Luckit WaveIo + 7" Touchscreen + Case.

I have to say that coming from the Logitech Media Server world, I will definitely need some adaptation times to get use to the Volumio interface.

Few questions (apologies if they sound a bit stupid):
- I currently have my music on my NAS (Synology) and have to go to the Media logo at the end of the rolling menu, then click on it, then click on synology, then click on folder then click on play to play the music.
Is there an easy way to include all these music files in the library at once and have them updated automatically when I add some to the NAS?

- I bought a JustBoom Smart Remote however it doesn't seem to work. (I installed the plugin IR remote and selected Justboom remote). Only the Home button seems to do something but it bring me to a google internet page. Any idea?

- Is there a way to re-organise the icons on the main page?

- Is there a way to move to the main favorite link the Radio favorites or do I have to go trough the whole steps of scrolling to find Internet Radio and then click on favorites?

Thanks

Last edited:
Joined 2005
Paid Member
- I currently have my music on my NAS (Synology) and have to go to the Media logo at the end of the rolling menu, then click on it, then click on synology, then click on folder then click on play to play the music.
Is there an easy way to include all these music files in the library at once and have them updated automatically when I add some to the NAS?

Set Volumio to mount your NAS drive with the music. It will build the music database from there, and then give you a nice music browser (by artics, album, genre, etc.)

- Is there a way to move to the main favorite link the Radio favorites or do I have to go trough the whole steps of scrolling to find Internet Radio and then click on favorites?

Can't you just add the radio station to your favorites? (try the "+" symbol in the main playback view)

Have a read of this:

piCorePlayer

And maybe check out the forum at:

Squeezebox : Community : Forums

PCP is very easy to use, via a web browser, Android/IOS apps, and via Jivelite to mimic the UI of the original SB players.

It's very stable, easy to configure, and is well supported.

As stated in the other thread in which you posted, it is very easy to try the various Pi audio software solutions and make your own mind up.

Last edited:
Set Volumio to mount your NAS drive with the music. It will build the music database from there, and then give you a nice music browser (by artics, album, genre, etc.)

Can't you just add the radio station to your favorites? (try the "+" symbol in the main playback view)
For the NAS:
Strangely when I tried to scan for NAS volumio didn't find mine. But then it appeared in media.

For the Radios: clicking on + add them to the radio favourites not the main favourites

Regarding the favourite radios they are now in the playlist son its an easy access.

Regarding the remote I think volumio doesn't have the plugin for this USB version (only for the IR version) which is a shame coz I already bought the remote.

Regarding reorganising the browse icons, cannot be done.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.