Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

PC Based Computer music servers, crossovers, and equalization

DIY Tube Amp Project
DIY Tube Amp Project
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 27th January 2018, 05:12 PM   #1
k4koality is offline k4koality
diyAudio Member

Default DIY Tube Amp Project

Hello Everyone, I am new to this community and looking forward to getting start on a project I have been thinking about for about a year. I figure it be best to come to a community like this as many of you may have experience with similar projects. Please let me know if there is a better category to post this project. Hopefully I can provide support to others with some knowledge I have.

I want to build a tube amp that has the some modernity it the technical aspects. I am looking to use a single board computer to control the functions of the amplifier. I will be looking to have he following included in my amp project. It is a bit ambitious for my first project but looking forward to the challenge.

Tube Amp
Wifi/Bluetooth Control
6-8 inputs - including 2 HDMI
Motorized volume control
Nixie Tube input indicator
On board memory for music/videos
Other things as Ideas come to me

I hope to get start here ASAP. As this is my first time to a site like this please let me know if there is anything that I miss in my postings or if you have questions.

Looking forward to it.
Old 27th January 2018, 05:19 PM   #2
Lingwendil is offline Lingwendil  United States
Now with high-fructose ASSAULT-gluten!
diyAudio Member

DIY Tube Amp Project
Probably better to put this in the digital source/line level or PC based forums, but it looks like a raspberry Pi and a suitable DAC with the proper firmware can do most everything you mention.
Old 27th January 2018, 05:24 PM   #3
k4koality is offline k4koality
diyAudio Member

Thanks, I will look to swing it over there. RPI is my board of choice for this project and will be the one I will be going forward with on this.

DIY Tube Amp ProjectHide this!Advertise here!