Raspberry pi I2S : pro and con of various approach + Board suggestions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
goodby Sokoris..hi Soekris

Hi , thanks for the spelling info Dimdim.... Soekris it is.

Thanks henrylarsen, dare say your right, its just i wanted to listen to good experience as i dont have that much money and wanted to get it right first time, but the Soekris and Pi is the answer i was hoping for, thank you .

regards

Johnny

Joined 2004
Paid Member
This is an interesting conversation, because i'm in the same shoes.

Some comments:
- Which boards are better for media playing, than RPi? What are their advantages? Only a better USB support?
- I also would prefer a master clock based solution, and not reclocking. I feel, that the reclocking is a slightly expensive hack, instead of solving the root cause of the problem. Couldn't be a solution to have a cheap and good master clock generator (like jbonlinea college is using its DAC+ hat)?

What is about this board:
AK4118 Coaxial HiFi Sound Card DAC I2S Interface DSD 32Bit For Raspberry Pi dt55 | eBay

It has a SPDIF out + I2S out (as I saw). Does it make a proper master bus clocking?

If you’re considering the Kali and plan to use the RPi with no power supply modifications, I recommend budgeting for the Allo isolator as well. This makes a clear improvement between Pi and Kali in my system. To my ears it makes more of a difference than Ian’s isolator board. An isolator board might not be required if you plan to use something like Allo’s USB signature, but this is a lot more money.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.