Mezzanine Power board for Raspberry Pi

I am using my Raspberry Pi as a network media player and cannot find a simple solution to feed my Raspberry and HAT DAC with quality power. Finally I made a simple board which can be used as HQ power source for both Raspberry Pi and HAT modules, and can be configured according your requirements.

Mezzanine Power Board can be installed between Raspberry Pi and HAT module and can provide up to 4 outputs to power PI, HAT and other devices which might require quality power source.

Module A – LT3086 Linear Regulator, 5.5VDC 2.1A, used as pre-regulator for Modules B/C/D/E, can be bypassed

Module B – TPS7A8300 low-noise, low-dropout voltage regulator (LDO) capable of sourcing a 5V 2A power for Raspberry Pi

Module C – LT3045 based ultralow noise, ultrahigh power supply ripple rejection (PSRR) low dropout voltage linear regulator can provide 5V 0.5A (1A for dual LT3045 C1+C2 installed) for HAT modules

Module D – LT3045 based ultralow noise, ultrahigh power supply ripple rejection (PSRR) low dropout voltage linear regulator can provide 3.3V 0.5A for HAT modules (or can be configured for any output 0-5V)

Module E – LT3045 based ultralow noise, ultrahigh power supply ripple rejection (PSRR) low dropout voltage linear regulator can provide 1.8V 0.5A (or can be configured for any output for 0 to 5VDC)
5V PI rail and 5V Hat rail can be connected together; in this case module B (or C1+C2) can be used to power both PI and HAT boards, same for 3.3V rail (by default it is connected, but if module D is installed and connected to HAT 3.3V rail, 3.3V PI rail is disconnected from HAT rail)

Below you can find some images for the "Light" version (only Module B installed) and "Full option" Board.

Attachments

• PiPower-7905-WEB.jpg
    PiPower-7905-WEB.jpg
    543.7 KB · Views: 2,822
  • PiPower-7908-WEB.jpg
    PiPower-7908-WEB.jpg
    733.5 KB · Views: 2,727
  • PiPower-7909-WEB.jpg
    PiPower-7909-WEB.jpg
    461.5 KB · Views: 2,676
  • PiPower-7914-WEB.jpg
    PiPower-7914-WEB.jpg
    472.9 KB · Views: 2,655
  • PiPower-7919_WEB.jpg
    PiPower-7919_WEB.jpg
    732.6 KB · Views: 2,627
  • PiPower-7924-WEB.jpg
    PiPower-7924-WEB.jpg
    666 KB · Views: 909
  • PiPower-7932-web.jpg
    PiPower-7932-web.jpg
    696 KB · Views: 885
Last edited:
Hi
Not sure, but seems DigiOne feeded with only 5VDC from the PI GPIO
in this case B and C1 is enough (but again, need to know Digione power requirements), you need to provide 6VDC input.

Please note that Digione have isolated DCDC converter and onboard filter/regulators.

Hi
Not sure, but seems DigiOne feeded with only 5VDC from the PI GPIO
in this case B and C1 is enough (but again, need to know Digione power requirements), you need to provide 6VDC input.

Please note that Digione have isolated DCDC converter and onboard filter/regulators.

Thanks for your help. I want to supply power for Pi saperate as picture bellow, so is this modules is better than it?. Pin 2,4 of PI GPIO is supply 5V for DigiOne. I think module C1 (1A) is ok for it.
http://www.hdvietnam.com/attachments/basic-png.260416/[wiki=http://www.hdvietnam.com/attachments/basic-png.260416/]%[/wiki]

Thanks for your help. I want to supply power for Pi saperate as picture bellow, so is this modules is better than it?. Pin 2,4 of PI GPIO is supply 5V for DigiOne. I think module C1 (1A) is ok for it.
http://www.hdvietnam.com/attachments/basic-png.260416/[wiki=http://www.hdvietnam.com/attachments/basic-png.260416/]%[/wiki]
C1+C2 to power Pi and DigiOne (top and bottom rails connected)
D to power PI 3.3V rail
E to power PI 1.8V
(need to remove PI DC/DC converter for D/E)
6VDC IN (Single, 1.5A+)

Sorry again, If I use B replace for C1+C2 OK, because I don't know B and C supply for which pin on GPIO! I need 2A for USB, HDD connect to Pi.

Module B connected to PIN 2&4 (PI Side)
Module(s) C1(1+2) connected to PIN 2&4 (HAT Side)
5V PI and 5V HAT rails can be connected together (need to solder small bridge), means either B or C can power both HAT and PI, but with modules current limitation.
If you need to have 2A - use Module B for PI power

Module B connected to PIN 2&4 (PI Side)
Module(s) C1(1+2) connected to PIN 2&4 (HAT Side)
5V PI and 5V HAT rails can be connected together (need to solder small bridge), means either B or C can power both HAT and PI, but with modules current limitation.
If you need to have 2A - use Module B for PI power

Thank you so much. Pls give me a voucher for discount. I will order this modules.

Doubts

only 1.8V need to be soldered by wire (PP9)
5V and 3.3V connected to PI by GPIO

I have 2 doubts here;

Pre regulator is also generate RMS noise which is much higher that LT3045 so what is the point here to use Low noise regulator. Do you think LT3045 eliminate the RMS noise generated by LT3086?

Second; even you power pri from GPIO, The on board PAM2306AYPKE shunt regulator still continue to generate lots of noise. Unless you desolder it from pcb and power up pcb with shortcut cables instead of GPIO. What do you think?

I have 2 doubts here;

Pre regulator is also generate RMS noise which is much higher that LT3045 so what is the point here to use Low noise regulator. Do you think LT3045 eliminate the RMS noise generated by LT3086?
it will reduce ripples from external PSU and LT/TPS clean up remaining noise

I have 2 doubts here;
Second; even you power pri from GPIO, The on board PAM2306AYPKE shunt regulator still continue to generate lots of noise. Unless you desolder it from pcb and power up pcb with shortcut cables instead of GPIO. What do you think?
i mentioned before - you need to remove DC/DC converter if want to feed pi with external 1.8/3.3V.

Please note that some DAC require 3.3V (from PI), in this case Mod D can be used to feed HAT only.

Hello, I have a Raspberry Pi 3 powered via GPIO and a DAC Allo Boss powered independently, ie NO from the GPIO.
What is the correct configuration that I should use in Mezzanine Power Board?
What about the DC power supply? They specify that it must be 6vcc, I suppose it should be at least 2A. I suppose it will have a permissible range.
Can you specify or recommend exactly which model to use?