Ubuntu Mate and Sound Card issues

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I think the Audio Injector installer is designed to work with the device tree of Raspbian. This might not work under Ubuntu (as you have discovered). I would contact Audio Injector and ask for advice.

I love the look and feel of the Mate desktop, it actually performs better the Raspbian Stretch I tried,I could try and find a good USB sound card to use
but dont wont to use an extra USB port.

From what I can see on their site, a package install is needed to add the audioinjector DTOVERLAY. If it will not install clean on Ubuntu and you don't have the source, you can't use that path.

Maybe try setting it up as a HIFIberry on raspbian first, see if that works, then try to replicate the setup on Ubuntu? Ubuntu Mate does seem to support DTOVERLAY....

From what I can see on their site, a package install is needed to add the audioinjector DTOVERLAY. If it will not install clean on Ubuntu and you don't have the source, you can't use that path.

Maybe try setting it up as a HIFIberry on raspbian first, see if that works, then try to replicate the setup on Ubuntu? Ubuntu Mate does seem to support DTOVERLAY....

I will try that I’m new to Linux, so it’s a learning process for me, I’ve implemented a few products using Volumio, and have had very
Good results. Yes it does support device tree overlay.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.