Help with hardware/software for streaming

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I mostly spend time on the speaker building side of this forum, but have been searching over here for the best streaming solutions for the better part of a week, and can't seem to wrap my head around it all.

Currently I stream both Tidal and podcasts. I control everything from my iPhone, all streaming is done through a google chromecast using the digital out to a minidsp.

People seem to really like the Raspberry Pi, but to effectively stream though the Pi it looks like people are using both Rune/Moode audio along with BubbleUPnP. From the best I can tell there is no version or equivalent of BubbleUPnP or iOS?

I don't have a music library that I want to use, I simply want to be able to stream Tidal and podcasts. Chromecast isn't horrible, but it's far from perfect. What are my options for hardware/software? It would be nice if I could control it both from my iPhone and my wife's android without too much trouble.... my wife has a low tolerance for me making the music playback overly complex:rolleyes:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.