SeeDeClip4 server now on Raspbian (Pi 3 model B)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thought I'd give people a heads up as it seems I'm listening to more and more music from my Pi based server than any other machine at the moment.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Download from HERE, then just untar and run as described on the page.

Please note that this is a text based server, not a player or controller, it won't actually 'do' anything once running unless you contact it via a web browser.
The device you contact it with is then either the controller/player (Explore), the controller (Remote) or the slave player (Slave).
This allows you to use a cheap touchscreen controller for your HiFi, which may have a laptop/phone/tablet with an s/pdif adapter into your DAC. The bit that sits near the HiFi needs no storage as the music is streamed over the WiFi/Cat5/6 as required.

E.g: Not the Pi

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Note: the phone does get a bit warm with meters enabled, only my Win10 laptop running chrome appears not to notice them with a 2-3% load only.

Once the server is running and knows where the music files are, any number of people can then connect with a browser and use it, I prefer using Chromium or Chrome for this.

All of the graphics and audio is handled by your web browser so as long as you have that working there is no setup. If you want a Raspberry Pi as a slave then you will need to install Chromium and point that back to the server, which may be that Raspberry or a different one.
WAVs are the fastest to fetch, but the server will convert others as required so long as you have installed the importers as directed from the download page.

I'm steadily upgrading bits of this server as time progresses so please let me know of any problems or missing features so I can add them to the list, thanks in advance!

Please post any questions to this thread, and enjoy a free, versatile music server!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.