Help w/ wiring custom selector

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello Community!

I have started a project and am at a stage that I would like my plans verified before I invest in the parts needed to complete the project. Here are the notes...

I am looking to build an audio selector which allows me to independently control (through analog dials) my audio source, output and mic source. Additionally one of the audio source will be a mix of two audio sources. I have been reading around and have come up with the following diagram. I was hoping someone could validate its not a terrible idea and also answer these questions three...

1) Are the resistors the correct value for the job/ placed correctly? I have no interest in an active system and do not want to have to supply power to this box.

2) I dont quite understand how the grounding works and am concerned that with two different audio signals combined (computer and iphone) the ground will loop (?) How can I prevent this, preferably without a ground loop isolator. If this is a terrible idea, which I assume it is I will change it to a non mixed signal (just the computer on that selection.)

3) The speakers and the iPhone dock will be connected by USB to the computer - does this affect anything? Thinking it might help with the ground issue...

Thanks in advance for any feedback on this!

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.