Moode - difficulty mounting Network or USB storage

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi
I've configured a Raspberry Pi 3 + Hifiberry Digi + pro running Moode to serve music to my Naim DAC. The DAC outputs the sound to my Hi Fi.
I run a coaxial to the DAC. No problem with sound - the default radio stations on Moode work and the sound is good.

However I can't configure the Moode to recognise my HDD connected to my other Raspberry Pi 2, nor can I get Moode to recognise a standalone USB HDD if I connect it directly to the Pi 3.

The HDD on the Pi2 is NFS formatted so my Windows 10 PC can see it. I run JRiver and Foobar on my PC and am able to access the music on the HDD.

The standalone USB HDD is also on NFS. My Windows 10 PC recognises it and I can play music from it.

In configuration, I tried mounting the Pi 2 as smb/Cifs and also as NFS. I entered the Pi2 IP address. I entered the music folder path(without a leading backslash). I also tried just entering the initial folder path. I entered my Pi2 username and password.

When I click Browse, Moode shows Nas, together with radio,USB,SD Card. But when I click on Nas, there are no music files. The Nas configuration always has a red X in the configuration tab.

The same happens for the standalone USB HDD. It shows the USB, but there are no music files.

In the configuration tab, there is no browse option to navigate to the remote location , in both situations even when I press update MPD DB and wait for the the orb to stop revolving.

What am I doing wrong?

Can someone please help with instructions to mount these manually?

kaisman

Hi
I've configured a Raspberry Pi 3 + Hifiberry Digi + pro running Moode to serve music to my Naim DAC. The DAC outputs the sound to my Hi Fi.
I run a coaxial to the DAC. No problem with sound - the default radio stations on Moode work and the sound is good.

However I can't configure the Moode to recognise my HDD connected to my other Raspberry Pi 2, nor can I get Moode to recognise a standalone USB HDD if I connect it directly to the Pi 3.

The HDD on the Pi2 is NFS formatted so my Windows 10 PC can see it. I run JRiver and Foobar on my PC and am able to access the music on the HDD.

The standalone USB HDD is also on NFS. My Windows 10 PC recognises it and I can play music from it.

In configuration, I tried mounting the Pi 2 as smb/Cifs and also as NFS. I entered the Pi2 IP address. I entered the music folder path(without a leading backslash). I also tried just entering the initial folder path. I entered my Pi2 username and password.

When I click Browse, Moode shows Nas, together with radio,USB,SD Card. But when I click on Nas, there are no music files. The Nas configuration always has a red X in the configuration tab.

The same happens for the standalone USB HDD. It shows the USB, but there are no music files.

In the configuration tab, there is no browse option to navigate to the remote location , in both situations even when I press update MPD DB and wait for the the orb to stop revolving.

What am I doing wrong?

Can someone please help with instructions to mount these manually?

kaisman

Hi,

So people can help you please do the following:

1) Post a screen shot of Moode NAS config screen showing your entries.

2) On your PC map a local drive to your music share and post the connect string, for example:

z: --> \\moode\share_name\path_to_music_folder

-Tim

Hi Tim
Here are the screenshots and the logs.

I don't know the commands to mount the drive when on ssh - can you please post so I can try.

Link to logs (as it stands now without trying anything):

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1u4cTE7aivNrauoUUI6YB76ILoeTNqYg2ZGKNuKfxxKU/edit

Screenshots:

https://goo.gl/photos/aYWgUMU8vxc3BRTr9

For the standalone HDD, I just pressed "update MPD DB"

thanks

On NAS config screen:

- Change file share protocol to SMB/CIFS
- You have a spelling mistake in Remote directory path. Compare it to the path in your Windows drive mapping.
- Either enter your Windows logon id and password or use 'Guest' as the user id with a blank password, or use a dummy userid and password like 'admin' and 'mypassword'.

In your windows drive mapping the server (host) is named RASPBERRYPI but ssh login (pi@moode:~ $) shows host is named moode. Very odd.

Hi Tim
Yes, I appear to have some typos - forward slashes instead of back slashes and the apostrophe in the wrong place - need to check before submitting!!!
I have a fresh SD card in the Pi3 now. Configured the mount to the remote Pi2 - corrected the typos! Used SMB/CIFS. Used the Pi2 username and password. Used RASPBERRYPI as the remote share name instead of giving it a new name.
I'm glad to say Moode has picked up the entry almost immediately (Green tick next to the name) and is updating.
I'll update with progress once the update is done.
Thanks for your support, really appreaciate it!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.