ASUS xonar U7 and W10 APO DSP measurements

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Maybe the iConnectAudio2+ can be used for 2x3way. 4 x balanced + 2x unbalanced (headphone)
With two computers/ipad connected, one could be the mediaserver and the other could do the filtering undisturbed.
Anyway. Double the price and 6 outputs.

This interface is beautiful but i can find the focusrite scarlett-6i6 at the same price in my country, the 6 true balanced ouputs (on the back) are a better choice IMHO.

The iconnect can be used with two computers simultaniously, that can be useful for many. The range of semi-pro and pro soundcards are wast:) I have only measured the U7 of the cheap consumer ones.

It is an interesting product but the future seems to arrive a little bit too early, mentality and habits evolve slowly and there are a lot of people that don't want to be connected at all (when they work hard).
https://www.thomann.de/fr/topseller_GF_usb_audio_interfaces.html

The case is to isolate the DSP computer.
Tried an atom computer with the U7 yesterday.
8 channel 8192 tap filters at 48k is about 10% cpu.
Don't think the atom can be driven hard without overheating, as it is fanless (and silent)
Still it is a revolution for cheap fir filtering

silverprout:
I will have it (whatever I get) for 2.1 setup, so 4 channels is enaugh for me.
Seems to be unknown gem, or it can be unusable trash. I might try that, as we have 14 days money back policy for e-shop purchases in our country.
Focusrite 6i6 is 50% more here. So for cheap 2.1 audio solution, it doesn´t look so tempting.
I just wonder about setup of these, as I never did this, but hope it will be intuitive.

Its really an interesting soundcard so thank you for the OT question:)

I connectet the U7 to the denon receiver and a 4 way speaker yesterday.

The result is really promising.

Low background noise. I can't hear the 50Hz harmonics noise.

Small popps when restarting the pc.

I use 86-92 dB elements, no horns.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.