Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

PC Based Computer music servers, crossovers, and equalization

ES9018K2M, ES9028Q2M, 9038Q2M DSD/I2S DAC HATs for Raspberry Pi
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old Yesterday, 07:20 AM   #491
jonners is offline jonners  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

@EaZy

You would be more likely to get help with your problem by asking on the Volumio Forum.
Old Yesterday, 11:14 AM   #492
dutchdiyer is offline dutchdiyer
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinnocchio View Post
Ian,

Your products always look so professional and high quality! Well done!

Do
Photography must also be a hobby of him 🙃

Kind Regards,
Frank
Old Yesterday, 11:50 AM   #493
iancanada is offline iancanada  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Your products always look so professional and high quality! Well done!
Thanks Do, sometimes I just couldn't help doing so

Quote:
Photography must also be a hobby of him ��
Hi Frank

You guessed it

Ian
Old Yesterday, 11:54 AM   #494
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iancanada View Post

Hi Frank

You guessed it

Ian
Hope you have some time left, to sleep

Frank
Old Yesterday, 12:01 PM   #495
diyAudio Member

Quote:

Hi Frank

You guessed it

Ian
Maybe a litte bit off topic...... 😇
Engineers often run on coffee.

That's my business.....
I import coffee from a very small French coffee roaster. A family business since 1921. The very best you can get.
I hear you thinking......French⁉️ Wine come from France, but coffee?
I'll tell you a secret....Espresso and the Espresso machine are developed in ...France in 1866

have a look at Home Koffie en Chocolade - Cafes-Canton.nl

Regards,
Frank
Old Yesterday, 09:06 PM   #496
iancanada is offline iancanada  Canada
diyAudio Member

Default 3000F Maxwell ultracapacitors

The monster Maxwell 3000F ultracapacitors arrived yesterday. They are really really bigger than I thought. Looks a bit crazy. But the good thing is that they are not heavy.

It's supposed to be the best power supply in the world due to the 0.29 mOhms output impedance and 210A (RMS) continues output current.

For now, I'm just curious how good they are by comparing with the 350F ultracapacitors as my ESS DAC HAT power supply.

If I'm happy with the result, I'll open a new thread to discuss developing the big high power isolated ultracapacitor power supply, maybe +3.3V,+5V and +(-) 15V. But to my opinion they are too big for RPi audio applications.

In this thread, I'll keep focus on ESS DAC HATs, corresponding I/V stages, ESS controller and RPi ultracapacitor power supply solutions.

Pursuing sound quality will always be unlimited

Click the image to open in full size.
Maxwell300FultraCapacitor
by Ian, on Flickr

Ian
Old Yesterday, 09:13 PM   #497
TioFrancotirador is offline TioFrancotirador  Poland
diyAudio Member

Ian you are goregeus. Mines are on their way They are not to big! If they are the best in terms of sound then who cares about the size anyway ...

Last edited by TioFrancotirador; Yesterday at 09:16 PM.
Old Yesterday, 10:35 PM   #498
markusA is offline markusA  Sweden
diyAudio Member

OMFG they are huuuuuge, I love it. My wife would never stand for it but I love the absurdity of it all. ;D
Now, if practical considerations matter, the smaller brethren are probably preferable for a RPi solution.
Personally I always consider true audibility and diminishing returns. If I canít tell a difference between big expensive gear and smaller cheaper dittos, Iíll go for small and cheap every time. OTOH if there is a clear difference, it becomes a much tougher decision.

P.S. After digesting the initial shock... if using a regular ďfull sizeĒ cabinet there is usually a lot of air inside, maybe this could be a good way of filling some of that air?
Old Today, 01:43 AM   #499
stellarelephant is offline stellarelephant  United States
diyAudio Member

Watching with great interest... Size isn't an issue for me either. Currently I am using 4x linear supplies (thanks GStew), one for each board in my Pi stack, and those dwarf the Pi as well.

Mark, I have the same idea as you--eventually I will case everything up when I find the sound I am after.
Old Today, 03:31 AM   #500
ofswitched is offline ofswitched  Taiwan
diyAudio Member

Quote:
The monster Maxwell 3000F ultracapacitors arrived yesterday. They are really really bigger than I thought. Looks a bit crazy. But the good thing is that they are not heavy.

It's supposed to be the best power supply in the world due to the 0.29 mOhms output impedance and 210A (RMS) continues output current.

For now, I'm just curious how good they are by comparing with the 350F ultracapacitors as my ESS DAC HAT power supply.

If I'm happy with the result, I'll open a new thread to discuss developing the big high power isolated ultracapacitor power supply, maybe +3.3V,+5V and +(-) 15V. But to my opinion they are too big for RPi audio applications.

In this thread, I'll keep focus on ESS DAC HATs, corresponding I/V stages, ESS controller and RPi ultracapacitor power supply solutions.

Pursuing sound quality will always be unlimited

Click the image to open in full size.
Maxwell300FultraCapacitor
by Ian, on Flickr

Ian
3000F ?! Isn't this necessary? Pi or the clock board isn't a very power-consuming device.

ES9018K2M, ES9028Q2M, 9038Q2M DSD/I2S DAC HATs for Raspberry PiHide this!Advertise here!