USB DAC for a portable Toshiba A100-158, good quality!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
DAC for a portable Toshiba A100-158

Hi. I would like to know this thing...
I have active speakers DM20 Roland on my Toshiba.
Being use the stock 3.5phone jack to fee them....but it lacks quality big time.

I want a USB DAC:

I like the cheap china stuff, the good ones that actually work and are not dead on arrival!

-So far i like the Elfidelity "Placebo"
??? | Elfidelity

??? | ??USB MaX

Does anyone have experience with this new DAC from them? They had an earlier one that is selling to...but well if buying by the new...

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I also been looking at the SMSL M8 & the French MyDAC.

For around 150€, what is the best i can get for quality sound?
There is a strong one from china with the 9018 ESS chip:

Awesome-sound-font-b-DAC-b-font-ESS9018-XMOS-font-b-Asynchronous-b-font-font-b.jpg

ES9018 USB DAC XMOS USB

Finished-WL-SU3-ESS9018-DAC-XMOS-Top-asynchronous-USB-decoder-Audio-DAC.jpg

-This one have discret opamps.... but is close to 200€.

There is so much things... that i don't even know where to start. SO want to know any opinions you guru audio people have...and experiences!

Bare with me, cause into this DAC things i am a newbie...but not a rookie into sound "stuff".

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.