Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

PC Based Computer music servers, crossovers, and equalization

Something cool for Raspberry Pi/ODROID: I2S/DSD isolator HAT with native DSD decoder
Something cool for Raspberry Pi/ODROID: I2S/DSD isolator HAT with native DSD decoder
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 25th December 2017, 07:54 PM   #331
cu6apum is offline cu6apum  Russian Federation
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wealas View Post
There is no native DSD bus. Nobody except Miero has written the code for a SoC to push DSD native over I2S. Everybody else supports DoP which is limited to DSD64 or 128 at best.
That is why I ended up with a BBB with the Botic kernel (after 2 RPI3, and OrangePI and a NanoPi) and that handles at least 2 channel DSD512.
Thank you. Same here, albeit I'll have to rework the software seriously (if not move away from mpd+upmpdcli) in order to make dlna commands not THAT laggy on BB. Even a dualcore Pi with vanilla Volumio is way more responsive...
Old 18th March 2018, 07:24 PM   #332
necplusultra is offline necplusultra  Canada
diyAudio Member

greetings all,

finally had time to test the pi isolator. At first I would like to feed a home made ess9023 dac. Has anyone had success with latest piCorePlayer and if so, what driver should I set the PCP I'm running on a pi zero W.

regards.
Old 24th March 2018, 06:13 AM   #333
drmabuse71 is offline drmabuse71
diyAudio Member

Hi,
is there a PCB layout (Eagle or Gerber) for the RaspberryPi I2S adapter or can this also be ordered online from github?

Kind regards
Old 5th April 2018, 11:40 PM   #334
freeplay is offline freeplay
diyAudio Member

Does the isolatorpi do anything for bass? Punchier bass? My setup is lacking low end. Not sure if I should invest in the isolatorpi first or an external dac.
Old 6th April 2018, 11:23 AM   #335
markusA is offline markusA  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Correct me if Iím wrong here but isolation is all about removing external negative influences and maybe cleaning up the digital signal.
As such, the best possible result is a clean and correct signal at the output.
If your signal has somehow gotten corrupted in such a way as to cause issues with your bass, it might improve your bass. But ultimately itís all about cleaning up the interface and can help with any problem relating to that particular issue.
Old 11th May 2018, 05:11 PM   #336
janosch simon is offline janosch simon  Germany
diyAudio Member

SUCCESS YAYYYYY after a longe fight(with volumio and moodeplayer) i tried the latetest picoreplayer 3.5 audio optimized version and now my soekris Dam1021 can play DSD128 HURRAYYY i everytime dance when i see the small led on ians board light up when it shows true DSD stream also the serial port of the spoekris says L05M which is DSD128 5.6mhz yay and i have to say the picoreplayer is overall very nice! the logitech media server works fine AND before my Soekris didnt like 16bit 44.1 files now they play like a boss D: i also have the ardam board from dimdim running and this also works fine
Settings i need to make in the picoreplayer to make it work:
for my Soekris DAM 1021 i used:
-on the main page scroll to the bottom and then check the beta tab
Squeezelite settings:
-Generic/simple ESS9023 DAC
-under the DAC is "card control" tick that and tick 384k
-on the bottom "Set Squeezelite Binary: Native/DoP DSD Squeezelite Squeezelite with DSD (DoP or native) patches."
-and finaly add Device supports DSD/DoP: 0:dop

this worked for me

hope that helps
cheers janosch
Old 11th May 2018, 05:48 PM   #337
bambadoo is offline bambadoo  Norway
diyAudio Member

That is great but did you post this in the wrong thread - or perhaps it could be in both this and in "soekris dac" thread

Last edited by bambadoo; 11th May 2018 at 06:02 PM.
Old 11th May 2018, 05:48 PM   #338
iancanada is offline iancanada  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by janosch simon View Post
SUCCESS YAYYYYY after a longe fight(with volumio and moodeplayer) i tried the latetest picoreplayer 3.5 audio optimized version and now my soekris Dam1021 can play DSD128 HURRAYYY i everytime dance when i see the small led on ians board light up when it shows true DSD stream also the serial port of the spoekris says L05M which is DSD128 5.6mhz yay and i have to say the picoreplayer is overall very nice! the logitech media server works fine AND before my Soekris didnt like 16bit 44.1 files now they play like a boss D: i also have the ardam board from dimdim running and this also works fine
Settings i need to make in the picoreplayer to make it work:
for my Soekris DAM 1021 i used:
-on the main page scroll to the bottom and then check the beta tab
Squeezelite settings:
-Generic/simple ESS9023 DAC
-under the DAC is "card control" tick that and tick 384k
-on the bottom "Set Squeezelite Binary: Native/DoP DSD Squeezelite Squeezelite with DSD (DoP or native) patches."
-and finaly add Device supports DSD/DoP: 0:dop

this worked for me

hope that helps
cheers janosch
Hi Janosch,

That's great, you did good job. Congratulations!

A lot of people are straggling with RPi 384KHz and DSD128 , and now, here we have the answer and solution.

I'll try this latetest picoreplayer 3.5 audio optimized version and I'll let you know if I have question.

Regards,
Ian
Old 11th May 2018, 06:04 PM   #339
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambadoo View Post
That is great but did you post this in the wrong thread?
whoops i was so exicited that i forget to say that i use ians isolator pi and the dop decoder board and if somebody else want DSD over i2s this is a realtive cheap solution up to DSD128 more would be nice to try but guess rpi3 is there not powerfull enough perhabs rpi 4?

cheers janosch
Old 11th May 2018, 06:05 PM   #340
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iancanada View Post
Hi Janosch,

That's great, you did good job. Congratulations!

A lot of people are straggling with RPi 384KHz and DSD128 , and now, here we have the answer and solution.

I'll try this latetest picoreplayer 3.5 audio optimized version and I'll let you know if I have question.

Regards,
Ian
anitime mate was a hard fight but your genius little boards made this magic happen and as we write the glitches i had before useing other distros are completly gone SOOOOOO nice a whole DSD album and no glitches HURRAY

Something cool for Raspberry Pi/ODROID: I2S/DSD isolator HAT with native DSD decoderHide this!Advertise here!