wtfplay project - Linux based PC playback system

Question about getting DSD256 native to work with my Combo384 Amanero DSD256 ready Lampizator DAC: will that work with wtfplay 0.6? Or, if not, is there a way to make it work?
Combo384 Amanero is mentioned on the website with experimental kernel patches (see link in wtfplay manual section 2.3), but I am not sure what the necessary steps would be to add support for it.

DSD64 = 2.8MHz, DSD128 = 5.6MHz, with wtfplay both will be streamed to Amanero in DoP envelope. To support DSD256 or DSD512 you need to do two things: 1) update Amanero firmware 2) updated Linux kernel driver so it knows about new interface offered by the new Amanero firmware.

@bodiebill: on Lampizator topic: I think you may find beneficial talking to "sligolad" on CA forum about this DAC.

Hi frd_ .

Good work ! wtfplay-dsd 0.6 (default settings) is really better than 0.5.1 !

One question: I've read that this version support optical disk (/media/sr0).

I have an external cd player: when I connect it, the system mount it: but if i insert an audio cd, it is not seen by the system.
So, wtfplay can read only data cd, and not audio cd, or is it a problem of my system ?

Thanks in advance, and my compliments ! :)

Luca.

Last edited:
@allfansy: Sorry for late response. You can change the terminal font to Russian one. I am not sure though if this is going to work. The command to do that is as follows:

Code:
setfont ter-k16v

Unfortunately, the change will not be preserved over the reboot. I have plans to write a small script utility for that.

Hi Allfansy,

Thanks for the zip file. Very useful. Unfortunately I do not have great news. wtfplay-live is missing some localization configuration. Console font is just a single element here, there are few more, including some minor changes in wtfcui. Sorry for that. I will try to implement this shortly.

F

Good news! Thank you for the UEFI boot.

So far have tried the core2 image, which indeed boots up. Unfortunately I could not get it to recognize my Amanero or anything else. Also, on the setup page I have issues. Out of time now so will try again later.

EDIT: Now have music, working well so far, great!

Last edited: