wtfplay project - Linux based PC playback system

ONE thing,

It Sems, that i have a MacBook Pro which ist notbsuporting Botinnen via USB. I tried eberything youndiscribe in your Homepage...without suchest. Art Thema end i bürger a cd what works fine.

But because it is a cd... If you have the config file... It would be nice, in i could store it somewhere else ;)

Greets

Christian

Hi Pawel,

I do not know your hardware, so I can only guess. The message "Bootmgr is missing" may mean that your laptops boot only in UEFI mode. You can try to switch booting method to "BIOS Legacy" in your BIOS Setup program.

Alternatively you can burn the distribution onto a CD disk and boot from it.

F

Hi Pawel,

I do not know your hardware, so I can only guess. The message "Bootmgr is missing" may mean that your laptops boot only in UEFI mode. You can try to switch booting method to "BIOS Legacy" in your BIOS Setup program.

Alternatively you can burn the distribution onto a CD disk and boot from it.

F

indeed,
it booted from cd
but still the issue,
please find attached "selfie":

Attachments

• 20160405_111247.jpg
    20160405_111247.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 299
Once booted, wtfplay-live gives itself 30 seconds to detect the boot device and find the root filesystem image on it. That failed in your case. Did you notice 30s delay before emergency shell prompt appeared?

Also while in the emergency shell, would you mind trying few commands for me? The first one is to check if the kernel detected the optical drive:

Code:
dmesg | grep sr[0-9]

The second command is to see all block devices detected:

Code:
blkid

BTW, what is the model of laptop that you are using? Are you using SATA or USB optical drive?

Hard to tell, but a BIOS update may be a possibility. I took a look at the manual for your laptop and found a suspicious option in BIOS that is called "Enhanced SATA support". Would you mind trying various values of this setting.

The laptop should also support USB boot - at least the manual says this. You can try it again, but makes sure that BIOS tries all USB boot options first. In the boot priority section I can see USB Floppy, USB Diskette on Key and USB Hard Drive.

One unrelated commend regarding your EMU 0202 USB: it requires manual change of clock under Linux. Use 'alsamixer' for that.

F

no more typing ;)

hi all,

i have tried a programmable keyboard so that i don't need to type all start and configuration strings on startup.

i have used this keyboard:
X-keys XK-60 USB Keyboard

i have tried to program this as a macro:

321 13 /*load german keyboard
/* 500ms delay
wtfcui -d hw:1

this is stored as a function on one key and if i press it, wtfplay will load the config and start the gui ;)

greets

christian

wtfplay-live 0.5 is now available

I am pleased to announce that wtfplay-live 0.5 is now available.

You can find it at wtfplay-project.org

This release features DSD playback and user experience improvements (nice term :D). The
details can be found in the release notes: wtfplay-project.org/rnotes.html.

Please feel free to ask any questions either here or via the contact email published on the website.

Enjoy!
F

wtfplay intallation

I would like to mention one thing about installation: please do not use Unetbootin to write wtfplay-live ISO image onto a memory stick/hdd/sdd.

The write process may succeed and the system may be bootable, but certain features of may not work. I am talking specifically about preserving configuration.

Please use recommended tools for the installation: "dd" or "Win32 Disk Imager".