in search for a system wide equalizer for XP

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm setting up my bedroom music system. For that I have put a bigger harddrive into my old laptop and installed the factory XP installation on it together with MP3Toys. No updates, no network connection, no bling, just a basic standalone single purpuse audio computer. Add to that a uForce uDac and a poweramp and off you go. Works like a charm.

But !, In my bedroom the loudspeakers are close to the wall and I need a parametric eq to notch down a a big peak at 40 Hz a bit. Some mor shaping would be nice also. I have search my *** off to find a system wide equalizer for XP. Is there any virtual sound card driver out there wich can run VST plugins standalone ? If so, I really would like to know. So to be clear, I'm looking for something like this

Windows XP service pack 2 System Audio (No ASIO support in my player, just wave out) -----> Virtual sound card ----> VST equalizer -----> Real soundcard output.

It really strucks me that something like this isn't common these days. Even OSX and Windows 10 do not have a system wide EQ or VST host build in.

Any tips are welcome, thanks

It really strucks me that something like this isn't common these days.

Oh it is common these days and since years ago. Realtek has it, VIA has it, Creative has it, C-Media really the only ones that don't have it are simple USB sound cards that don't come with their own drivers.

Have you considered using your motherboard's onboard sound SPDIF out to feed your DAC?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.