Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

PC Based Computer music servers, crossovers, and equalization

piCorePlayer = piCore Linux + Raspberry Pi + Squeezelite
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 27th March 2018, 02:12 AM   #261
tkr001 is offline tkr001  New Zealand
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul123 View Post
It is not an open share, you have to login. Make sure you set the password. And then login with username tc and the password you just gave it.

Also what is the file system on the drive. Make sure you can write to it from within an ssh session.
The file system is ntfs and I have installed the additional drivers for additional file systems (I also tried with an ext4 formatted drive, same result). I set a password and when first accessing the share on windows I was asked for username and password to which I entered username tc and password the one I set.

When you say login, login where? I want to access the share from a windows machine.

I can ssh in and if I try to write to the drive I get permission denied.

Last edited by tkr001; 27th March 2018 at 02:22 AM.
Old 27th March 2018, 02:43 AM   #262
tkr001 is offline tkr001  New Zealand
diyAudio Member

I changed the drive to be fat32 and all is well
Old 2nd April 2018, 04:54 AM   #263
RafaPolit is offline RafaPolit  Ecuador
diyAudio Member

Hello! I have read great things about pCP and was hoping to give it a try.

I have a couple of uninformed questions, if you'd bare with me for a few lines:
- I don't have all my music downloaded, I rely on AirPlay or Spotify to play a lot of music
- I have installed a Spotify Connect server on my current RPi that I love and use most often

Would there be a flow in pCP that would allow me to stream music in such a way? Or am I limited to playing locally stored music?

Thanks for any insight,
Best regards,
Rafa.
Old 2nd April 2018, 08:01 AM   #264
Greg Erskine is offline Greg Erskine  Australia
diyAudio Member

hi Rafa,

There are Logitech Media Server (LMS) plugins that give you AirPlay and Spotify streaming. LMS runs on various platforms.

There is a lot of help on the Squeezebox forums.

Squeezebox : Community : Forums

regards
Old 3rd April 2018, 04:02 AM   #265
JohnW is offline JohnW  Czech Republic
diyAudio Member

Greg,

I'm a retired audio designer (well "retired" means being my own boss and working only on projects and designs that interest me and are not commercially driven ) - I've built streamer hardware based on the RPi (well CM3 modules so we can optimise the hardware).

Our Audio hardware is interfaced to the RPi via USB and we also have a serial UART channel so we can also communicate with the Linux hardware with an APi.

I'm fully aware of the RPi USB PHY limitations, but USB gives us:-

1. DAC as Audio Master clock (Critically important).

2. DSD and 384 / 768KHz High Res support

We can also perform MQA hardware decode in the USB audio coprocessor (XMOS).

I'm old school and all this streaming talk goes way over my head, the only streaming device I've really used was the SBT (just for radio stations (BBC) - no LMS server installed), but I remember it was very intuitive and "just worked".

Some say that the UI is dated, but to me that's just stupid - IMO its logical, clean and simple, I dont need or WANT more...

I remember the days Vista was released with its AERO UI (or some such) which required a super computer to run it and at the end of the day was slower then my old XP box...

It annoys me that these "youngsters" care about flashy looking UI's at the expense of stability, usability and responsiveness - but I digress....

Would you mind me using your software on my hardware designs (if we move forward I'd be happy to send you sample units) - and can your software:-

1. Be installed on 4GB eMMC of the CM3 module, we could use the CM3 lite and external eMMC (upto 256GB) but the eMMC memory is packaged in BGA devices and this brings a whole bag of hurt to production.

2. Drive a local UI (such as an internal touch screen or HDMI monitor + wireless keyboard)?

I'd be happy to "donate" a fee per unit installed... if we work together...

Last edited by JohnW; 3rd April 2018 at 04:05 AM.

piCorePlayer = piCore Linux + Raspberry Pi + SqueezeliteHide this!Advertise here!