Pure Music Crossover interface

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am preparing to build pair of 2-way speakers and am going to use the crossover function in "Pure Music". I have a Soekris R2R dac and would purchase another to drive a pair of "Lazy Cat's "First One" amps for LR HPF and LPF. The volume will be controlled with "Pure Music". I have a DIYINHK usb to I2S adapter.

If my thinking is correct so far my question is, will I be able to split the I2S to feed both dac boards or do I purchase another usb to I2S adapter an split the usb to feed the adapters?

Thanks,
Evan

The DIYINHK usb to I2S adapter is an async usb interface with independent clock. I would be careful with mixing two independent clock domains in related audio streams - L/R channels, LF/HF branches. It would be no problem with adaptive interface hooked to the same USB controller as such combination has only one master clock - the clock of the USB controller.

Of course splitting the I2S lines to several dacs is OK from the clock POW - only single clock is used.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.