PCI-e Replacement for old AP192

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
In my last thread, ostripper very graciously found the info I needed to determine that it's well and truly time for me to retire this workhorse card. sad as that may be, I need to find a replacement that has ASIO support.

My current Xonar DX card does do ASIO support, but the driver will not allow me to change the buffer length, and it's stuck on 13-26ms of delay (512 samples). I'm unsure if this is a hardware limitation on the part of the Xonar card, more issues with their drivers (currently using the modded UNi drivers) or some kind of windows 8 incompatibility problem.

Anyhoo I'm ready to take another stab in the dark and wanted to know if any of you have experience with this card: XS71HD

The reviews I found were very mixed, but it sounds like something that will work and not break my wallet. I guess my other option is to go back to Creative

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.