Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

For those suffering with the Tidal playlists issue with upmpdcli there is a fix.

There will be a new release coming out but in the meantime I have attached the diff file that JF sent me.

Remove the .txt from the end and scp to /home/pi.

Then from a terminal session try.

Code:
cd /usr/share/upmpdcli 
sudo patch -p3 < ~/upmpdcli-tidal-and-qobuz-playlists.diff

This seemed to work for me, however had already git cloned the source tree.

if you want to be a bit more secure and you are more comfortable with git then from /home/pi

Code:
git clone [url]https://@opensourceprojects.eu/git/p/upmpdcli/code[/url] upmpdcli-code

there is no need to compile just copy __init__.py

from
~/upmpdcli-code/src/mediaserver/cdplugins/tidal/tidalapi/
to
/usr/share/upmpdcli/cdplugins/tidal/tidalapi

May be my ignorance but I have had too many funnies downloading downloading code outside of git to publish the url to the file for a simple wget or curl.

NB The developer made the same change for Tidal as well which I have not yet tested.

unfortunately tidal is stuck. There are gaps during the song .

Hi,
I just received the newly announced raspberry Pi 3B+ unit. When I was trying to build the MoodeAudio on it, the building process hanged in the middle while the pi refuses to boot anymore. I was wondering if you have any plan to look into this issue? Thank you.

It's going to be a while b4 moOde includes support for the just released 3B+ and new Stretch.

For those suffering with the Tidal playlists issue with upmpdcli there is a fix.

Code:
git clone [url]https://@opensourceprojects.eu/git/p/upmpdcli/code[/url] upmpdcli-code

there is no need to compile just copy __init__.py

from
~/upmpdcli-code/src/mediaserver/cdplugins/tidal/tidalapi/
to
/usr/share/upmpdcli/cdplugins/tidal/tidalapi

This did the trick for me too! Many thanks

Hi @pinkdot,

I think you expressed interest in a dedicated forum for moOde??

Have a look at Forums

Its a significant decision for me to step away from diyAudio so I'll need some feedback from people on whether they truly want a dedicated Forum. I'll also need help administering and moderating it.

-Tim

I understand the extra admin effort, but I believe that a dedicated forum with is own structure (as the one proposed with moOde Audio Player, moOde OS Builder, Audio Devices, Raspberry Pi) will simplify the finding of info and help.

Is the new forum active already? Can we register already?

No offense but I like my instructions or the @DRONE7 procedure better. I gladly donate my document to the wiki/forum/github effort, if it will help more beginners get up and running. Feel free to slice and dice it as needed.

It can be one of the ''stickies'' in the new forum: "EarsOfAnEagle simplified guide for building moode audio" and "DRONE7 step by step guide for linux newbies"

Remy

I installed fresh rasbian stretch lite 2017-11-29 and installed git, than tried this:

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ date
Wed 29 Nov 02:40:35 UTC 2017
pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo git clone https://@opensourceprojects.eu/git/p/libupnppsamples/code libupnppsamples-code
Cloning into 'libupnppsamples-code'...
fatal: unable to access 'https://@opensourceprojects.eu/git/p/libupnppsamples/code/': server certificate verification failed. CAfile: /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt CRLfile: none

than installed and configured ntp

sudo apt-get -y install ntp

sudo systemctl stop systemd-timesyncd

sudo systemctl disable systemd-timesyncd

sudo /etc/init.d/ntp stop

sudo /etc/init.d/ntp start

and tried again:

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ date
Fri 23 Mar 14:01:07 CET 2018
pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo git clone https://@opensourceprojects.eu/git/p/libupnppsamples/code libupnppsamples-code
Cloning into 'libupnppsamples-code'...
remote: Counting objects: 62, done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (62/62), done.
remote: Total 62 (delta 19), reused 0 (delta 0)
Unpacking objects: 100% (62/62), done.

with the correct time no problems. But why my pi is not getting the correct time with timesyncd ? Probably some network problem.

Anyway - when the time is not correct, than building moode is not possible.

@ Tim,

Do you know if Ver 3.81 would work (expected to work ?) with the new RPI 3B+ ?
I have a working image thats all prepped to go for the 3B.

Thanks.

@hifix

Not as-is. It won't even boot.

You could try the update/upgrade route (first make a copy of your working image so you don't lose what you have if this goes wrong)

Code:
pi@moode:~ $ sudo apt-get update
pi@moode: ~ $ sudo apt-get upgrade

was enough for me to make moOde 4.0 built using 2017-11-27-raspbian-stretch-lite boot on my RPi3B+. I've been doing some more reading since. It looks like the mavens at the Raspberry Pi Foundation are recommending the second step be
Code:
pi@moode: ~ $ sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

Possibly a full dist-upgrade would eliminate the "withheld" file issue some of us commented on earlier. Eliminated or not, you may find the WiFi connection doesn't work with a moOde build on the RPi3B+. We're still getting out toes wet with the RPi3B+ and the new version of raspbian required to support it. I've burned the O/S image to uSD cards so many times while testing I automatically reach for the card slot when I sit down at my computer.:rolleyes:

Once updated and upgraded, your 3.8.1 image should continue to work on whatever model RPi you built it on. Remember I suggested you back it up first, just in case.

Regards,
Kent

I installed fresh rasbian stretch lite 2017-11-29 and installed git, than tried this:

than installed and configured ntp

and tried again:

with the correct time no problems. But why my pi is not getting the correct time with timesyncd ? Probably some network problem.

Anyway - when the time is not correct, than building moode is not possible.

@sinski

I just checked the security certificate for opensourceprojects.eu (you can do it from your browser; at least I can in Chromium)

It says its validity period is
Issued On Monday, February 5, 2018 at 9:59:05 AM
Expires On Sunday, May 6, 2018 at 10:59:05 AM

If the OS-reported time fell outside that period, then the certificate would appear invalid to the validity checking routine. Sorry I didn't think of this before now.

Regards,
Kent

Thanks

@hifix

Not as-is. It won't even boot.

You could try the update/upgrade route (first make a copy of your working image so you don't lose what you have if this goes wrong)

Code:
pi@moode:~ $ sudo apt-get update
pi@moode: ~ $ sudo apt-get upgrade
was enough for me to make moOde 4.0 built using 2017-11-27-raspbian-stretch-lite boot on my RPi3B+. I've been doing some more reading since. It looks like the mavens at the Raspberry Pi Foundation are recommending the second step be
Code:
pi@moode: ~ $ sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
Possibly a full dist-upgrade would eliminate the "withheld" file issue some of us commented on earlier. Eliminated or not, you may find the WiFi connection doesn't work with a moOde build on the RPi3B+. We're still getting out toes wet with the RPi3B+ and the new version of raspbian required to support it. I've burned the O/S image to uSD cards so many times while testing I automatically reach for the card slot when I sit down at my computer.:rolleyes:

Once updated and upgraded, your 3.8.1 image should continue to work on whatever model RPi you built it on. Remember I suggested you back it up first, just in case.

Regards,
Kent

Thank you for the heads up Kent.
I think it will be interesting to give it a go. The less suitable pi could be a media server.
*Definate on the backup*

You can force the default date/time in /etc/fake-hwclock.data.
Look at this file, modify it and after reboot it must start with this one.

Best way to solve your problem is to reboot, let the script failed.
Modify /etc/fake-hwclock.data ... and reboot.

The building must resume and if your date's modification is ok ... it must continue without error.

Regards

-Eric

PS : @Tim, i thought to have anticipate this problem (line 499 mosbuild) but only for SD Card install not direct one.
Maybe something to modify around this to take the clock on the net and save it in /etc/fake-hwclock.data for all case.

Hi Eric,

Interesting. System time is pretty much 100% good when using the USB-SDCard method because fake-hwclock.data will have a reasonably current timestamp from the last boot of the host system. It's supposed to be updated each hour by a cron job but cron is disabled in moode os, this is not a problem btw.

The direct method however may be vulnerable to a window where the system time may not be updated yet by timesyncd before user starts mosbuild.

Maybe just prompt for current time??
Code:
timedatectl set-time TIME
Even w/o a timezone it will be current enough.

References:
man systemd-timesyncd.service
systemd-timesyncd - ArchWiki

-Tim