Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

Are u referring to Pi Touch? Just turn it on in System config.

Hi Tim! Thanks for all your fantastic work! I really love moode!

Is the UI supposed to "just work" when flipped on? I installed the RPi Pixel gui and autostart Chromium in kiosk mode pointing to moode.local to get anything except the command line to show up on screen.

Am I missing Something?

2nd Issue: I cannot for the love of Moode get it to mount a share from my Synology Nas (which I know to be working well from OSMC)

Hi Tim, with Moode 4.0 I can't get Autoplay to work with my RPi2 when I physically remove power from the device. I'm trying to use it to autoplay a handful of songs stored locally on the SD card. Is this a bug or is there somewhere I can report it as an issue? Thanks.

I'm not able to repro this, either by Menu, Restart, Shutdown or by just pulling the plug.

So you can't add a line to config.txt without breaking moode?

Because then with a pi3 or pi zero w, you can't use bluetooth. Unless there is a trick I don't know about.

Randy

Hi Randy,

Many files including /boot/config.txt are managed via moOde UI and the underlying code. If they are manually modified then all bets are off and moOde will most likely malfunction and be broken.

In the case of the integrated WiFi and Bluetooth adapters, there are individual ON/OFF settings for these on the System config screen and thus there is no need to manually modify /boot/config.txt to disable either of them.

I use Bluetooth just fine on PI0 and 3B.

-Tim

Is the UI supposed to "just work" when flipped on? I installed the RPi Pixel gui and autostart Chromium in kiosk mode pointing to moode.local to get anything except the command line to show up on screen.

Am I missing Something?

2nd Issue: I cannot for the love of Moode get it to mount a share from my Synology Nas (which I know to be working well from OSMC)

I have no idea what u are trying to do with "Pixel gui".

How is the moOde Ui supposed to show up on the screen?

I installed the default Pixel desktop environment + chromium to have an environment to display moOde in. Raspbian Stretch Lite has no desktop environment (gui) by default as far as i know.

is there another way?

After installing moode all was working well remotely but flipping the "Local UI display" and applying does nothing. (looking at the CLI i can see it restarting chromium) but how can this run without an environment?

(sorry if it's not clear, i'm not an expert in this...)

Hi Randy,

Many files including /boot/config.txt are managed via moOde UI and the underlying code. If they are manually modified then all bets are off and moOde will most likely malfunction and be broken.

In the case of the integrated WiFi and Bluetooth adapters, there are individual ON/OFF settings for these on the System config screen and thus there is no need to manually modify /boot/config.txt to disable either of them.

I use Bluetooth just fine on PI0 and 3B.

-Tim

Cool, thanks for the info.

Am I missing Something?

@mikaella

Yes, indeed, it is supposed to "just work". The moOde player and its underlying moOdeOS are an integrated whole, crafted to be completely configurable via the web browser-based UI. Going through this UI to turn on the Local UI display enables Chromium to start in kiosk mode and display on the local screen. I don't own any RPi-compatible touchscreens but I've successfully used a local HDMI display just to test the feature.

Hard to say what mischief you've caused by installing the RPi Pixel UI etc. In effect, you're on your own once you start tinkering inside the moOde "appliance".

As for your Synology NAS, you don't say whether you're trying to mount SMB/CIFS or NFS shares. Regardless, problems with Synology seem to come up regularly. I don't own one so all I can suggest is to either try the hints offered by the clickable "i" bubbles in the moOde UI or search back in this thread for advice. FYI, SMB shares from my Open Media Vault NAS and other servers come up fresh as paint in moOde.

Regards,
Kent

@mikaella

Yes, indeed, it is supposed to "just work". The moOde player and its underlying moOdeOS are an integrated whole, crafted to be completely configurable via the web browser-based UI. Going through this UI to turn on the Local UI display enables Chromium to start in kiosk mode and display on the local screen. I don't own any RPi-compatible touchscreens but I've successfully used a local HDMI display just to test the feature.

Hard to say what mischief you've caused by installing the RPi Pixel UI etc. In effect, you're on your own once you start tinkering inside the moOde "appliance".

As for your Synology NAS, you don't say whether you're trying to mount SMB/CIFS or NFS shares. Regardless, problems with Synology seem to come up regularly. I don't own one so all I can suggest is to either try the hints offered by the clickable "i" bubbles in the moOde UI or search back in this thread for advice. FYI, SMB shares from my Open Media Vault NAS and other servers come up fresh as paint in moOde.

Regards,
Kent

Thanks @TheOldPresbyope so much for your answer!

I could not find a sure answer whether the UI is built in. It simply doesn't work for me. Have built the moode is image twice from scratch - same result... maybe I'm doing something wrong and have no idea what. Everything works otherwise well > web, sound, files, usb, wifi... even the screen - just no touch UI. Have tried the official Pi Touch 7" & some cheap HDMI Display - same result: no UI.

What I basically tried then was manually installing Pixel desktop enviornment - just the basics: windowserver and chromium - which was installed but not working (maybe moode modifies something there) > I didn't want to modify moode - it's just that I like it best of all pi music players and would really love to get this working properly.

I'll do a 3rd attempt at this tonight...

Re: NAS:
- SMB doesn't work at all.
- NFS works > Synology share is mounted (logged in via ssh: df shows it's mounted + Folders appear under mnt/NAS > just nowhere in the moode file browser or library).

Thanks @TheOldPresbyope so much for your answer!

I could not find a sure answer whether the UI is built in. It simply doesn't work for me. Have built the moode is image twice from scratch - same result... maybe I'm doing something wrong and have no idea what. Everything works otherwise well > web, sound, files, usb, wifi... even the screen - just no touch UI. Have tried the official Pi Touch 7" & some cheap HDMI Display - same result: no UI.

What I basically tried then was manually installing Pixel desktop enviornment - just the basics: windowserver and chromium - which was installed but not working (maybe moode modifies something there) > I didn't want to modify moode - it's just that I like it best of all pi music players and would really love to get this working properly.

I'll do a 3rd attempt at this tonight...

Re: NAS:
- SMB doesn't work at all.
- NFS works > Synology share is mounted (logged in via ssh: df shows it's mounted + Folders appear under mnt/NAS > just nowhere in the moode file browser or library).

Post the output from System info and I'll have a look.

U can access it via

Menu, Configure, System
Menu, System info

How to setup a Static IP on ETH0

Hello Ttim,

i am testing more to get the DHCP Problem fixed.

But here is my main Problem, when i change dhcpcd.conf to Static IP for ETH0, it will be every time overwritten by the player network configuration page.

Did this mean, that moode is overwritung this file every start?

When this is the case, how could it be possible to setup a static IP?
If i set the ip in the Network Settings of moode to Static it will stop searching for dhcp on boot?

Or is there another way to make it static?

Best regards, Mirko

Imho, it is preferable to do static IPs from the router using static dhcp entries. This allows you to control all static IPs from a central location.

Hello Veazer,

my main Problem is, that i didnt have any Ethernet connection on my PI.
It is installed in the CAR and only Wifi must work.

But when no ETH is connected i have two major Problems:

1. longer Boot time, 1min without ETH. With ETH it Boots in 39 sec.

2. When the start Screen from Moode comes UP, it is only white with no Cover Infos or Title Infos. After a manual Refresh everything is back again.

Because of this Problem, i am looking for a solution to make the boot faster and showing the correct Screen without having to press refresh.
In the Car it is not a good idea to press this tiny buttons to refresh the display.

Best Regards, Mirko

Hey @swizzle, if u see this, the step limiter seems like a good thing to do to protect against errant taps. Maybe even volume warning not needed anymore. What do u think?

Thx @JonPike!

-Tim

And, it makes the whole bar area on either side of the cursor a up/down adjustment button. Tap anywhere except the cursor to bump up or down, you don't need to have volume up/down buttons anymore... its pretty slick! Try it out if you can...